Fallout3 Graphics

hoots7

You really think so? i'm using 2 different graphic enchantment mods with oblivion and i'm running the game at max settings in xp pro, and it runs very smoothly (amazingly considering my bad grahpics card). I'm guessing that it has more trouble running F3 because it probably requires more clock speed from the graphics card. I'm only using a cheap 9400 GT 1GB

same engine different way of gameplay graphics are slightly larger then oblivion because its modern world basiclly oblivion focus on outdoor so less building its gonna load the only make oblivion so beautiful is intro of the game i just love the graphics from the very beginning it looks almost real . well fallout uses alot of pyshics on the game itself VATS and other explosion effect .... same engine big difference

I'm not impressed by FO3 graphics. No that there not good, but there not that good for what's required to run them. The game overall is really blah. Gray, grays, and gray. Not enough ammo so I'm constantly struggling to to get it. Just a really depressing game. I would think after 200+ years trees would grow back. Not all the world would have gotten bombed!

Oblivion is such a better game. But thats just my opinion. :bunny:

• 5 weeks later...

I'd say that the graphics are largely the same, save for a different (somewhat worse imo) bloom lighting effect, but it also seems to be much better optimised. Then again, the better performance could be due to the fact that the Capital Wasteland isn't as busy as Cyrodiil, save for a few areas at certain times.

@Stupidguy: You could hardly expect a post-apocalyptic wasteland to be verdant green.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, the general environments of Fallout 3 and Oblivion shouldn't be compared. The main reason is that Fallout 3 is a single, completely barren wasteland, and Oblivion is a land of highly-varied environments and climates. Because of this, Oblivion is obviously going to look better than Fallout 3, but it's because of that fact that it does. Trying to compare their environments graphically due to the great difference is like comparing a pencil to an apple.

Now as for how characters in the two games look, Oblivion's characters look significantly more real, but that's only due to what was said earlier, the facial options in Fallout 3 are more restricted. Though that's mainly a good thing because a lot of the characters in Oblivion don't even look human, elf, etc. They look like abominations, IMO. :rolleyes:

Oblivion faces looked the same. Every single customization option made them look exactly the same. You get a better variety in Fallout 3. Hmm. Oh yes, both games look like total poo when you try to run them on lower than 1980x1280 (or whatever) on a 21' flat screen. Honestly, it looks like they've been ran over by a car or something. I can play FarCry 2 on lower resolution and it looks fine. Bah.

Archived