Help With Script Effect

HarvesterFox

I am tryng to make a script effect that makes targets launch into the air and drops them. I got a basic working of it using 'SetPos Player, 0, 0, 1000'. But that is more like an instant teleport into the air. Anyone know how I can slow it down or add a time factor to make the ascention visible? Thanks.

One way to set that up would be:

1. Make a new creature entry (a rat would be fine).

2. Place the creature in a cell somewhere.

3. Set it as a persistent reference, give it a unique RefID, and set it to be initially disabled.

4. Make a script that will transport the creature directly below the target and use PushActorAway to launch the target into the air.

This sounds great. I just have one question since I'm a script noob. How do i label the target as a reference (to teleport the rat under) in a script effect? Thanks.

The script would look something like this:

scn EnemyLaunchScript

Ref Target

Begin ScriptEffectStart

Set Target to GetSelf ;this will label your target as a reference

RatRef.MoveTo Target 0, 0, -100 ;this will move your rat directly underneath your target

RatRef.PushActorAway Target xx ;replace xx with the amount of launch force you want to use

End

Thanks a whole bunch! I really appreciate you walking me through the script like that. There is no falling damage, but that's probably for the better since it is being enchanted to a weapon with an area effect and unlimited charges. This keeps it from being a god item. Thanks again!

Thanks a whole bunch! I really appreciate you walking me through the script like that. There is no falling damage, but that's probably for the better since it is being enchanted to a weapon with an area effect and unlimited charges. This keeps it from being a god item. Thanks again!

You're welcome! :D I'm glad I was able to help. No fall damage is one of the drawback of PushActorAway; for some reason, the system just won't include it in the calculations. Fun note: if you use a negative force value with PushActorAway, it results in a 'pull' effect. Imagine shooting something with an arrow only to have it launch towards you. :tongue: That might raise a few eyebrows.