3DS Mesh Help

hass21

I'm new to the 3d modeling but I've recently merged some existing objects geometry and was wondering if there was a quick way for 3ds max to decipher new vertices on currently selected faces and delete those that are hidden within the geometry of the model. Just to clean it up.

I've welded quite a few, but some cause unwanted distortions to the model and are numerous. I haven't been able to find any tutorials (or have accidentally skipped over them) that didn't include manually welding vertices 1 by 1. Possible to do, but extremely time consuming for this particular model with many intersecting faces. If there's something that allows me to select the model and have it redraw vertices on just the outward faces...that would be ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like a magic button too but...you'll have to actually go in select and delete the unwanted polygons. A lot of modeling involves rolling up your sleeves and digging into the mesh to edit or optomize it..for hours sometimes and Max has no way to read your mind to know what you want to keep and what you don't. I'm assuming you're working in Editable Poly...to gain easier access to the hidden polygons you want to delete you can select ones you want to keep and hide them in polygon sub object selection. Or you could select the all the polygons you want to keep, then go to the top tool bar and in the Edit menu look for Select Invert, keyboard shortcut CTRL+I then you can delete the unwanted polygons but simply pressing the Delete key on your keyboard. You say you've merged existing geometry so if parts that you want to delete were modeled separately you can select by Element and delete them. Edited by Jennifur68