NPCs backing up whenever I get too close and nudge them

triplefam

I used the STEP guide, TONs of mods installed.. anyone know which mod might be doing this?

NPCs.. not followers btw, just any quest NPC for example.. whenever I invade their personal space they'll go "hummph" and back up a bit... but if they're scripted to walk a path, they'll return to the point at which they started. Its super annoying because if it happens during an ingame exchange between NPCs, the whole entire scene will be interrupted by an NPC having to adjust for my rude invasion. They'll stop speaking and go out of the way. What mod could be causing this? I've googled and can't seem to find any answers.

Please help!!

Are you sure?? I never remembered this being a problem, clocked plenty of hours into Skyrim last year.. is it new?

Ugh...

Is there a mod to fix it? So annoying to have NPCs randomly back up just because I'm a little too close and interrupting everything.

What. NPCs do that in the vanilla game too. I find myself approach NPCs from the side / avoiding walking in the middle of the road for pretty much that reason.