Cowardly Civilians

Trucidation

There's already a "Run For Your Lives" mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23906 ), but the catch is: it only works for dragon attacks.

I'm tired of NPCs charging in to attack bears and werewolves and vampires (among other things), and getting themselves killed. I'd like any NPC who ISN'T a guard or soldier to simply flee from hostiles within their detection range, preferably to some indoor area - and then wait there for, say, 2 IRL minutes or any other reasonable amount of time enough for the player to deal with said hostiles, before returning outdoors and resuming whatever they were doing. (And yes, if there are still hostiles around I expect them to run right back indoors.)

Sure, it's "not realistic" to expect to be able to save everyone, but having a quest permanently broken just 2 steps before reaching a quest NPC because he decided to rush some bandits is flat-out retarded. Civilians are largely farmers, merchants, normal people whose priority should be survival and not proactive offense. This means you, Temba, you crazy wench: I know you hate bears, but if you think you can punch one into submission it's not going to end well.

Also, more guards around towns please. Many places are so under-manned that it's amazing bandits haven't organized a mass raid and ransacked the place. I was in Ivarstead yesterday evening and a bunch of werewolves spawned at the entrance. I lost count of how many times I reloaded before I said to myself "f*** this s***", toggled god mode, then ran into the pack so they'd attack me instead of the NPCs.

I wouldn't need to do this if (1) the civilians knew to gtfo and hide indoors so I didn't have to worry about keeping their stupid asses alive, and (2) there were more guards to help GUARD the place - you know, the ones with no personality, no quests, and absolutely no importance to the game except for "being a guard", so I wouldn't have to worry about them dying, as it should be. (Game should also be smart enough to spawn replacement guards at the next night shift.)

Seriously, NPCs are already a damn headache to deal with, but attacking hostile creatures is just icing on the f***ing cake.