Alikir Crash

Gorthock

The only .ini files you should ever tough for Skyrim are stored under \Users\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\. Never ever touch the *_default.ini files in the Skyrim directory. These are there for the game to build new .ini configuration files should yours get corrupted/deleted/overtweaked and causing problems (lol).

Additionally, if there's already a [Papyrus] section in the Skyrim.ini located at the directory I mentioned above, just add the lines that enable logging to that section. If there is not a [Papyrus] section it's safe to make one anywhere in the file.

Also, get Notepad++ as previously mentioned. It's much more coder/debug text friendly than plain notepad and you're going to need it to make any sense out of the Papyrus logs at all.

You already had a papyrus entry in your syrim.ini as follows:

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

Thus, delete the one you added at the bottom and edit the original on to read like (change the '0' to '1'):

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

play then post your log

Downloaded Notepad++. Edited the Syrim.ini to have only one instance of the Papyrus entry. Played the damn game, crashed. No Joy, no .log file anywhere. Gonna go eat breky. Maybe pull some more hair.

I am looking in myusername/documents/mygames/Skyrim. There is a folder there but it is empty. I did start a new game as I wasn't all that far in the last. The game however doesn't seem to know or care. Ya know after 2000+ hours of playing Skyrim, one would think this wouldn't bother me as much as it still does.

Here is my Skyrim.ini

Gonna go see if I can crash again. Yea.

All of the errors at the start of that log indicate that your SKSE isn't installed properly. Make sure the \Scripts\ folder that came in the skse download was correctly placed directly under the \Skyrim\Data\ directory.

If you're still crashing after resolving that, post a new log.

Howdy All,

As a matter of interest I finally found the problem. It is a Mod called More Forrests. The author had fixed a "bug" in the mod and uploaded an upgrade. By God if it didn't fix the problem. Also I wanted to Thank asdgora and MShoap13 for helping me try to figure this out. You folks rock. I really would not have gotten as far as I did, without your help.

So Thank You again.