Load order of Mods.

nickchibi

My Skyrim is now crashing to desktop every 1 minute of gameplay, I've read a lot over the past 2 days since it happened. I tried the 4GB thing, renewing steam cache, deleting mods, and a few more I can't think of right now. I've come across this issue of 'load order' in mods that may cause crashes, and somehow my mod order has changed. So what should go ontop of the others? Or does it even matter?

Yes, load order is very important. Mods in the wrong order or mods that conflict can definitely cause crashes.

I'd suggest you download and checkout BOSS, it's a utility that will help you sort the load order of your mods. It will also inform you if your mods are out of date or have possible conflicts or dirty edits.

It's a good idea to read the suggestions the mod authors make in their readmes as to where the mod should go as well.

The thread stickied at the top of this forum also has a lot of good tips for troubleshooting.

Also, the 4bg patch is obsolete - provided Skyrim is fully updated through Steam - could cause you additional issues

Thank you, it has cured my problem by a lot, however it still crashes when I enter some buildings and then other times it is fine. I ran boss and there are some 'dirty edits', what does this mean exactly and could that cause further problems? I'm not entirely computer savvy, is there a easy tutorial to follow on the net somewhere, and is fixing these dirty edits neccessary? (I fear of messing things up even more.)