Definitive ps4 driver fix for PC

JesusBuckland

So I like the PS4 controller a lot and like anyone who's tried to use it on PC, it's a f*#@ing asshole of astounding magnitude... So recently I attempted to try to use it with bluetooth, it was working fine connected by a usb cable for a long time, and in that process made the mistake of downloading software that changed the driver for the usb connection of the PS4 controller.

So this took me 3 days to find but it's an absolute life saver!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc730875(v=ws.11)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

There's uninstalling a driver and every time you plug the controller back in it installs the same shitty driver that doesn't work... Then there's uninstalling the device driver PACKAGE. Which tells the computer what driver to automatically install when you plug the hardware (PS4 controller, in this case) into the usb cable.

Anyway, if your controller don't work with the PC, go look at that link. After scouring the internet, about a year ago and also the last few days and seeing how lost and frustrated so many mofo's are out here, I felt I should put this information somewhere...

Have fun.

PS. after you uninstall the driver package, if you're using steam, the controller should just work as soon as you plug it in.