Mod idea - custom race alternative

nisen

hey ive got this idea to do a mod, dont need any help with it, more that im curious if its something people want, or if theres a stable example of it allready done. The ideas very simple, like my modding skills, based on Wearable SKINNY-6 which adds the body replacer as a piece of armor instead of as replacer, i forget which slot it goes to, but is out of the way for most outfits

anyway, theres two ideas,

the first ideas to turn it into a full compilation of all body mods, (very similar to what FEM - Female Enhancement Mod does which i havent tried yet, but making them all available in this equipable armor format, which essentially removes all conflicts, and does away with need for complicated scripts, the problem is id have to first install every body mod inturn and compare it with my armor version, then the hassle of finding all the good outfits for each of them, and then would probably have to release it as an esp only, including instructions for downloading the original mods and how to repackage them

so the second, far simpler is to turn the mod into a tattoo race replacer, allowing you to simply have a dozen or so unique texture types to put on companions and other npcs or even your own pc: it turns out its easy to add new bodies to other npcs, or your pc, even with bat files, like can click an npc, type "bat xxx" and theyre now wearing the new body, can even use the same process to unequip And its possible to make high detail icons to show which tattoo set or body mods used: eg heres my wearable skinny6 icon

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5305/skinnyiconexample.jpg

Guess a middle ground between the two would be doing it for have a limited number of body types, say the 4 most popular, and having half a dozen instances of each and letting them share the skin textures

Edited by nisen