How to prevent raining inside

kuhlserv

Hello to all.

I need some help with my project.

I´ve built a new area in the world. In this area i have used a normal floor. So far no problems.

BUT. I decided to build a dungeon to go into under this floor. ..... No interior which loads. Its integrated in the world under this floor.

If it rains now, the floor doesn´t prevent the rain to go through and because of that it rains inside, too.

Has anybody an idea how to prevent the raining inside ? Any markers or objects that work for that ?

Maybe navmeshing helps ?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by kuhlserv

Nope, this is a problem inherent with the game engine itself.

Back in Oblivion someone did begin work on a mod that would do exactly this. It would prevent rain from falling through roofs located in the exterior worldspaces. The mod had some successes, but it never was fully working and it was pretty unstable. I think the author ended up abandoning it. Unfortunately this same behavior was carried over into the "new" Creation Engine so...

Unless there have been drastic advances in this area that I'm unaware of (which is fully possible) or some srs mod skillz this isn't happening. You're only option for the time being is to make it an interior space.

Edited by MShoap13

You could edit the weather region for the cell the mod is in - most weather systems have a "noprecip" variant, probably because Bethesda encountered the same problem with exterior structures.

Menu world > regions, dropdown Tamriel, weather in the list starting with "weather".

How to effectively use regions is a bit of a long discussion, this postmay be of some help if you're unfamiliar with the region editor.

Try it. I see Beth has done it in several cells. Even a single cell is pretty large if you're on foot and on ground level - I often forget that when I'm messing around in the CK and use my god's eye view to zoom around cells like it's nothing. And if you're running through them in-game you're not going to stay around long enough to say "you know what, I never saw it rain in this particular cell". Edited by acidzebra