Filthy cities

Galejro

Ok so I've been playing Elder Scrolls since Morrowind (not to mention all the Gothic games) and saw one vital thing ... There is not even a SINGLE toilet in those games, not a single dung or rubbish heap in cities (except maybe in the Old Camp next to a wall in Gothic 1 and sewer system in Solitude and Imperial City). I know we can play for 4 months and our Dovahkin doesn't need to take a dump I guess that's one of his superpowers. But what happens does it evaporate or something!?

My plan was to make cities not more interesting, or filled with more NPC's, or ponies but filled with SH...T for the sake of realism.

To make city streets clogged with dirty steaming mud, rotting corpses of animals and people, large heaps of fermenting vegetables and herbs. With rats and insects and an ongoing fear of plague, hell I want to make areas of plague infestation where if you enter them you get infected and take damage per second like with fire. And most importanty a whole lot'a SH..T and P..SS.

Elder Scrolls games are locked in this medieval/antiquity time (with a bit of industrial revolution for dwarves). All were periods BEFORE the concept of higene and sanitation, where the only way of dealing with sh..t is to "put" it in a pisspot and empty it on the street. WHY don't we see it in the game?

I got my inspiration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZgHXAek0No

What do you think?

There is not even a SINGLE toilet in those games

Buckets and straw heaps, my man, buckets and straw heaps.

What did you think all those buckets in the corners were for?

Don't know if s*** would stand out with all the brown textures ;)

To make city streets clogged with dirty steaming mud, rotting corpses of animals and people, large heaps of fermenting vegetables and herbs. With rats and insects and an ongoing fear of plague, hell I want to make areas of plague infestation where if you enter them you get infected and take damage per second like with fire. And most importanty a whole lot'a SH..T and P..SS.

Well, Solitude and Riften have sewers. But it would be interesting in the smaller towns. Overall I like the idea (save for the s & p, not really into that). More filth, though, would totally work.

Edited by acidzebra

My general idea was to remove all those trees and grasses, the cities look a lot too green and alive with all those flowers. Dirt, dirt and once more time dirt would be used. Straw heaps, I mean of all the things that one might call dirty is friggin wheat doin the job.

-Why not put lots of broken carts, furniture and household equipment, there were no junkyards back then so the broken stuff laid where it fell

-Animal guts, corpses and bones, random peaces of raw meat (only changed so they posion you) I mean flogging meat, processing it would produce a whole lot of these.

-Dead people, well burial was a luxury probably reserved only to rich nobles of skyrim, the rest was put in a shallow whole in the ground and in cities even that is at a premium, so occasionally one might find a heap with a corpse sticking out of it. I know, we have halls of the dead but isn't that for nords only, what about imigrants.

-True sh..t is brown and there is nothing that resables it in skyrim but what about yellow pools of pi..s and green for infested rat-holes.

-there are manholes in Solitude so why not make one malfunction and spew raw sewege onto the street.

-Dwarven urns kind'a remind me of spit or pisspots from westrerns why not place a couple next door. (although gold color doesn't seem to go along with dirt maybe more buckets).

There is a lot of dirt out there in Skyrim and the cities seem almost sanitated, hell even more clean then wilderness.

Edited by Galejro