NPC's wont go up stairs or onto retaining wall.

Evmeister

Hello,

Having a couple issues with a mod i'm working on. I'm making a fortification to put a rts settlement in it. I wanted to have Npc's be able to walk the walls. I'm using the RWStraightStone01 and RWStraightStoneNoSidewalk01. I have them both together forming a wall. I can go up the stairs and across the whole thing fine but the Npc's won't follow. I've tried placing navmesh on the stairs and on the wall and they still won't go up.

I'm hoping i'm missing something, as I'm still kind of a beginner I probably did. This thing is pretty badass but will kinda be less so if I can get npc's to patrol the walls.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. If need be I can upload the file so somebody can take a look at it.

Thank you in advance.

Evmeister - Hello!

You definitely need navmesh for NPC's to walk on the new areas.

Did you click on Finalize once you finished your navmesh?

It won't be recognised until it's been finalized, it's the red tick icon on the navmesh bar.

Also make sure the new section of navmesh you add is connected to the lead up to the stairs & not an unconnected island.

In Geck you can test the walkability of a navmesh by selecting the "Test navmesh" icon. You then right click on a navmesh triangle at one start point (somewhere before your stairs) & right click on the another as the finish (say at the top of your stairs).

A green line will be drawn between the two points if it's possible for NPC's to traverse it. Make sure you save before using this test feature as it can be a little temperamental.

Bear in mind that NPC's can't use super thin navmesh paths.

Hope this helps!

Prensa