The Order of the Dragon

dezdimona

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rounds finis...welcome new ones, and growing ones..

Don't forget my Silver's first born white egg, and my Winter Solistice egg, and I have a new vine and Guardian egg also..

Take care all..and all be well.. :smile:

Beannachtaí na Féile (Seasons greetings) to all..

Nadolig Llawen, Blwyddwyn Newydd Dda

(Merry Christmas, Happy new year. Don't know how to say and yet....)

TA...

OT..Sad, such a beautiful language,as Cymry, and the English seek to stomp it out as they tried Irish Gaelic, but Northern Wales will have none of it, and preserve their language ..

Here there are still few Gaeltacht areas, in Ireland, (native speaking) ..Co.Galway, in Connemmera, where my Grans was born..is the largest..My Da, was born in West Cork, in another area where I am in..Theres one in Kerry in Dingle Peninsula ..In Donegal and the Aran Isalnds..

I spoke Irish first, but later I like many were forced into English schools, where we were punished if we spoke Irish Gaelic, I was punished allot and called incorrigible, that's me..la..lolololol

My favourite saying I had to cut out of me Sig for size limit..is

Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam

A country without a language, is a country without a soul.

The Welsh have a similar saying..

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon.

A nation without a language is a nation without a heart.

Me best mate I spoke about in the Midlands is half Welsh, her mum was born there..Like Irish, Welsh is a beautiful language but a difficult one to learn..so my mate says..I know a wee bit, from her, and I have some in me also..back there in our geneology..

OT> It is an extremely hard language to learn and there is not many people who speak it much.

Me and my Great gran are the only ones in my family who speak it. My Nan can speak more than me because she is Welsh all through but sadly she can't speak much anymore at all.

None of my family can speak much of any of our languages, like scottish or Irish. We only speak English which I think is rather sad considering our heritage.

Also I tend to speak southern welsh but they sound pretty much similar anyway.

hehe.my red's gonna hatch soon!

"sigh"i wish i knew another language.but the school program i'm in doesn't offer any classes :verymad: and no one in my family speaks another one.....that and i really don't have the time to learn one.

hehe.my red's gonna hatch soon!

"sigh"i wish i knew another language.but the school program i'm in doesn't offer any classes :verymad: and no one in my family speaks another one.....that and i really don't have the time to learn one.

I did French in school (and very nearly failed). I wanted to do German, but couldn't, so I'm trying to self teach myself (in the form of listening to Rammstein songs and reading the English translations) with some success.

Irish and Welsh are some of the hardest languages in the world (after Vietnamese) to learn, and I respect anyone who knows even just a few words. Hats off to you.

For foreigners, Finnish is hellishly hard due to the fact that the words are pronounced EXACTLY like they are written with no exceptions, if I say;"Mennäänkö kaljalle?" for example(Translated as;"Shall we go for a beer?"), it will be pronounced exactly the way I wrote it there and from what I've heard, learning that is extremely hard for others. I don't think I can never really fully express how it works, but you should understand, if you heard me or other Finns speak on a regular basis. Now to move a bit more on topic;

Two more eggs for me; http://tinyurl.com/7kmsc7/.gifhttp://tinyurl.com/7fcq3y/.gif. :whistling: I just can't seem to be able to stop. :wallbash: