Do TES vampires breathe?

isoku

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do TES vampires breathe?

• Yes
    • No

9 vs 9 votes, how exciting :ohdear:

I don't care if the chest moving up and down is an oversight or intentional, chest moves up and down ingame = breathing. Also being able to drown is a strong argument. "Talking" not so much, that just indicates a vampire still can force air through the larynx if it chooses to do so.

Now, knowing the guy asking the question is the wet and cold author, the next logical question should be "is the vampire's body temperature high enough to cause breath condensation in cold climates?" :dance:

yes they breathe. their blood circulates too. there is no benefit to circulation of blood without breathing and how do you kill a vampire? stop that heart. undead doesn't mean dead, it literally means between dead and alive. it's not a literal reference. zombies don't breathe, vampires do

Truly an accurate insight, I did read once somewhere "vampires are fantasy beings so they can be altered in any way as laws of logic and reason don't apply to such beings". Maybe my point of view is heavily influenced by other vampire worlds, of course if their blood circulates indeed..that means...

that except aging (which is still not confirmed yet) there surely are other processes that remained active.

I made the decision a few days ago but thanks everyone. Since vampires are considered at least partially undead, cannot be seen through detect life and can live under frozen lakes, I came to the conclusion that their internal body temperatures are likely not high enough to hold moisture in their breaths, regardless of whether they require oxygen or not :)

This is in general a good question indead.

Elder Scrolls vampire are oftenly refered to as undeads, and I remember reading on the wiki that they can live under frozen lakes, but on the other hand, they can drown in the actual game, wich doesnt seem add up to me. :/