Help with creating edgeblood mesh.

chaosvine

I can't find any good resources on how to go about creating the mesh for the blood properties of weapon models. Could someone please point me to a good reference on that subject or briefly explain how it's done?

What I've been doing is making a copy of the blade's mesh and then exporting it as a seperate nif, then copy pasting the trishape data into the trishape of a vanilla edgeblood mesh. This doesn't seem to work, as Skyrim crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I apparently missed the tutorial in this forum about adding blood effects. I am using blender however so some things are different. I tried following the overall steps in the tutorial and skyrim no longer crashes but still no blood effects. =/

The easiest way to explain it is to simply link a couple videos, since you're exporting as .nif I recomend videos by officerbeardontcare for setting up the weapon and blood...its broken inro two videos you have to combine but its pretty easy and Ghosu's great Creation Kit video for setting up your forms.

Watch

until you've gotten to the part where you're weapon and its scabbard are set up and ready to save...then pause the video, in a new browser tab watch
on setting up the blood layers then once thats set up go back to the first video, save your weapon .nif and follow the rest of the first video.

Ghosu has a really good video on setting up the Creation Kit forms

...I found his Creation Kit video very easy to follow. Edited by Jennifur68

The easiest way to explain it is to simply link a couple videos, since you're exporting as .nif I recomend videos by officerbeardontcare for setting up the weapon and blood...its broken inro two videos you have to combine but its pretty easy and Ghosu's great Creation Kit video for setting up your forms.

Watch

until you've gotten to the part where you're weapon and its scabbard are set up and ready to save...then pause the video, in a new browser tab watch
on setting up the blood layers then once thats set up go back to the first video, save your weapon .nif and follow the rest of the first video.

Ghosu has a really good video on setting up the Creation Kit forms

...I found his Creation Kit video very easy to follow.

That's the video tutorial I watched. I tried following the steps but it didn't work. Still no blood. Maybe I did something wrong.

Check to make sure your NiTriShape for the blood has vertex colors set to "Yes", if it says "No" double click it and it will change to yes...it its not yes that will prevent the blood from showing up in Skyrim. Also if your weapon comes into Skyrim black enable vertex colors on it too...I generally just enable vertex colors on my weapon, scabbard and both blood layers to be safe because I hate having to go back and redo things.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/BloodVertexColors.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68

Check to make sure your NiTriShape for the blood has vertex colors set to "Yes", if it says "No" double click it and it will change to yes...it its not yes that will prevent the blood from showing up in Skyrim. Also if your weapon comes into Skyrim black enable vertex colors on it too...I generally just enable vertex colors on my weapon, scabbard and both blood layers to be safe because I hate having to go back and redo things.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/BloodVertexColors.jpg

Yes I have vertex colors turned on already. =/

Yeah .01 should be fine, I normally set my blood layer to .001 in Max. I was finally able to download your dagger .zip...IE8 was refusing to let me download it so I ended up getting Firefox. I'm not seeing blood meshes associated with your dagger in NifSkope or 3DS Max. I see the dagger and the scabbard but thats it. I unchecked the hidden flag in NifSkope and unhid all in Max but the blood layers simply aren't there. If you uncheck the hidden flag in NifSkope do you see the blood layers?

I'm not sure if its because you made it in Blender or not but in 3DS Max I'm seeing the scabbard with flipped normals.

Edited by Jennifur68