Creation Kit issue: NPCs and custom interiors

SephirothHui

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i've been trying for a few hours to basically put a custom made NPC in a farmhouse interior that i have downloaded rather than made myself. After downloading it i added in another two beds, removed a couple of items and then put the created NPCs into the interior and saved it as an esp. The esp is in my data folder and it has been activated in the skyrim launcher and then in NMM just for good measure.

In game, if i type in help "created NPC name" they are there and i can spawn them and they work just as intended. The problem is is they're not appearing in the location i have set them to be and furthermore the addition of beds and the removal of items in the mod house have not appeared, nothing has changed in the house. I don't quite understand why and can't find any help after looking around. By looking in the CK i can see that the number of NPCs is also increasing as i spawn them so the original ones i have put in there are somewhere in game, lord knows where.

Can anybody help me with these two issues? With the beds and such i can sort that out using a mod for furniture but the NPCs not appearing is a concern. I don't really want duplicates.

Just checked that, they're definitely not clipping into the floor or furniture or anything like that.

Could be a lot of things, use console player.moveto [refid] to check out where they are ingame.

Additionally, make sure you're going in clean - if you're loading a save where you're already in that location they may not show up. I usually test by COC'ing directly from the title screen to the location. Make sure you're not loading both the original AND your version.

Edited by acidzebra

Ok thanks i'll take a look into those issues to see if they fix what's wrong.

Edit: Ok the moveto command is not letting me move to either NPCs with the complaint about the objectreference, however when i spawn the NPC next to me rather than move to them and then try the moveto command it will place me on top of them. So, despite showing up in the console when i type in help "their name" i can't get to them.

I've also tried loading from a new save, fast travelling to location and going inside and also COC when it lets me. In the CK when i go to load the home esp it creates a duplicate however and this is the one that contains all the objects and things automatically.

Edited by SephirothHui