Stumped by Questbuilding.

QaxeIsKaze

• 3 weeks later...

"Dare to be Badass" I like that!

Huntsman2310, in your quest does someone ask the player to kill the deer? A good video by B.I.S. on starting quests is available on YouTube (

) He teaches the following formula: "Talk to npc, get assigned a task (kill somebody), complete task, return to npc." What I dislike about this is that we must record our voice and use it in the quest.

I had a lot of trouble with sound, so I ended up starting my npc DEAD and a placing a journal by his side that tells the story of what's happening. That works fine for the start, but still doesn't get the entire town to come cheer for the player, and get the player to be owner of the city which is my ultimate goal.

Also, dunno if it will help you, but here is a link to a tutorial that teaches how to use a trigger box to force a quest to start.: http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=771:skyrim-quest-start-of-game-bug-fix&catid=20&Itemid=193 Even if it can't help you now, it's a good page to bookmark!

Yeah, the quest giver is the dead hunter's partner, she needs to bring in more deer and wolf meat for Riverwood and she can't do it on her own.

Essentially the quest chain is like this

1. Player finds questgiver's location (hunting tent just across the river from the town)

2. She gives out a quest asking for five deer pelts, five wolf pelts and their meat

3. The player goes out and does this, and comes back to the hunter, who asks he enter into the lair of a man killing wolf and kill it.

4. While in the lair he discovers the hunter's dead partner, he brings the note found on his body back to her and the quest ends, opening up to the second quest of the chain.