"Laggy movement" in custom worldspace.

QaxeIsKaze

There is a term for slow, jagged movement in a location but I can't recall it.

My mod town is in it's own world location. (Icicle Valley mod) It uses a lot of snowy ground, trees, and has a number of buildings, but it's not even as big as Whiterun. Moving around outside isn't all that smooth, moving inside the mage school is really slow. Inside 2 npc are practicing magic and there are a grand total of 7 npc sandboxing. But not really any special fx beyond usual burning embers, etc. I feel like I'm constantly typing PCB in my console, but it's only a temporary fix. Some players using my mod have just outright CTD'd when exiting internal cells and moving back into the mod worldspace.

I've a little bit of code under "General" in my Skyrim.ini file that reads iLargeIntRefCount=999999 that keeps me from CTDing when leaving my playerhouse, but I wonder if I need to alter some setting in the worldspace that allows ...something.

Did I miss something somewhere?

I can deal with a bit of lag, but I need fix this for the sake of people who want to play without CTD's.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Damn. I misplaced this page, and can't believe I forgot to bookmark it. So 3 months later, the answer to the old question was "No" there aren't a lot of lights.

In the 1 cell I mentioned a few months ago, there is a lot of magic being used in that space. More recently, there have been reports of CTD's when leaving totally separate cells (3 in total now) and going into the town's world-space. The town has no more light or fire fx than a usual town, and is divided into several cells so no 1 cell has what I would consider "too much" light. The only unusual fx are 3 "FXBirdOPrey" birds flying around.

Summary: The problem seems to be people having a CTD when going from 1 of my interior cells into the town world-space.