Fallout 3 FPS-ed

LurkingShadow

*note this is a copy paste and part of a huge request that i might post whenever i get around to be online, i will answer all questions when i get around, thanks in advance and sorry for my horrible writing style and english*

I herewith give you modders a enire new approach to fallout3

make it more of a shooter!

i do not request the removal of the rpg part, after all, i dreamed of an fallout shooter since ive touched fallout1. I think of making the rpg parts impact the real time gameplay more! There are many possibilitys left out to accomplish a excellent first person wastelands shootout

V.A.T.S., Action Points and SPECIAL during battle:

Seriously, some might like it, and i have to admit it adds some neat cinematic but it hinders real time and the grindy action a pack of muties promise (i dont use it anyways)

So for the mod i request is first removal of vats, a targeting computer/aimbot is for pansys.

Now since it is gone, there has to be a need for all these action points, well my understanding of ap were always the overall mobility, concentration and battle awareness. To simulate such in real time would require ap to impact movement and shooting, now it is up to anyone to find the perfect solution.

Shooting and running take these up, like some kind of stamina, means when you run around guns blazing the ap are chewn, slowing you down a bit and making your guns shoot a bit worse and more inaccurate the lower your ap get, moving slower obviousy then takes up less ap BUT, haha, when zooming in(mouse2) and shooting takes up some more again, remember fallout, even with many ap you couldnt move and do many targeted shots

With this the bonus move perk should be reincluded, the effect could be simple, less ap bein' eaten per rank of the perk, simulating how the character developed the ability to move and shoot, this could also be simply made as an overall movement speed increase to simulate a characters ability to run faster. one and for all, i use this little 12% movement speed increase mod and it does a lot to game

Agility impact movement speed (at 7 to be "normal", considering the 12% speed for everyone mod) and gradually faster or slower depending on agility, i think a 2% change per point would be nice, means a 10 agil player, will move at 106% while a agility 1 pc will move with 88%. This could force a higher agi to be mandatory, so the basic movement speed value should be playtested but i believe 7 6 or 5 would been the best (imho 6)

Endurance should impact ap regen, i believe

i guess it is logical that someone who has more endurance can longer and better fight on the battle field

End 5 being the value it is now and then changes by 10% per point

The last step would be to add strength requirements to all guns and having it impact the ap usage

This is especially important for Heavy'ier armament, firing a minigun for example requires a strong arm while unloading a few potshots of a 10mm doesnt really need it.

obviously, there should be penaltys for firing heavy guns unbraced, too (lets assume mouse2 to be bracing). I think every point difference to a guns requirement and actual strength should impact ap consume by 10% each.

AS example, a character with 4 strength wields a minigun with the req. of 7 so his or hers penalty woud be a 30% higher ap consumption when firing the gun, assuming a penalty of 10% for unbraced it could been 40% overall more ap consumption.

On the other hand a character who has a strength of 10 has 30% less ap consumption when firing the fleshshredding beast.

(a 5% difference per point sounds imho nicer)

The Skillsystem:

I kind of like the new skills, those being combined are okay. But im seriously bugged that it has been oversimplified, more impact of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. on the skills would been nice, like charisma and intelligence for speech made more sense then only charisma, a charismatic person might get some way, someone having the smarts to that gets way further.

The Tag Skills are a *ban* joke! these are now nothing more then a simple "ive spent a few hours learning this" compared to its former "im more adept of doing these things and have a better understanding"

To say as it is, i would like the original maximum of 300% per skill back and with that making the Tag! skills once again 2points increase per point spend (obviously the higher level cost penaltys being back in again)

So i request to all modders to improve the system back to its original values

as to note how i think of the greater levels impact, 300% of a skill equals into effective 150 points to the actual system. Before someone cry's 300% is nearly impossible to reach. (including the no *ban* sway when you reach high levels, i think past 70-80)

Thats so far for the basic gameplay part.

ive got some more txt with stuff for basically every little gameplay part, but i would like to ask if someone is able to do a "no tutorial" mod too, that could basically just be that you start infront of a closed vault 101 and have something similar to the original sreadsheet or the menu when you use the wood door at the end of the cave

Archived