WHAT exactly would make my game run more stable?

mrsathletic

What would make Skyrim more stable?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What would make Skyrim more stable?

• More RAM
    • Better graphics card
    • Better CPU
    • Something else

Hi everybody...

I don't have much knowledge about computers, I just like playing Skyrim from time to time.

My game is heavily modded (e.g. Warzones, Populated Cities, Travellers of Skyrim, Tytanis, lots of armors & weapons, all DLCs, ...) and I get random crashes all the time. I don't want to give up on Warzones or other NPC mods. This is so much fun.

Please, is there a way how I can make my game more stable? Less CTDs?

I have:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 3 GHz

4 GB RAM

Geforce 560i GTX 1 GB RAM (newest drivers)

Thanks in advance!

have you this installed too

SKSE

http://skse.silverlock.org/

But if you have much CTD's it's probably one of your mods making it, perahps outdated or a conflict, try disable half of it and still there activate it again and disable the other half then activate one by one

What are you Save size? with many mods, they tend to get big and you end up with Save blout

Edit: just notiched, you need a better CPU as asdgora wrothe, it bottlenecks your system

Edited by Shadiva

Okay, think it should be a new CPU and mainboard then.

I have over 120 mods running, savegame size is 15 MB right now. I play on low graphic settings despite textures which I set to high. CTDs occur every 5-30 min...not in dungeons but everywhere outdoor where NPC spawns from mods are likely.

And yes, I'm using SKSE.

Edited by mrsathletic

Ah well 15mb Save is nice nice! no problem there atleast, i'll chek in tomorow late evening again and see how it goes for you :thumbsup:

Chive on!

Edited by Shadiva

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Thank you all so much.

I will check out bben46's guides later right away. Will also look if I can get rid of some mods. I think the mods which add more NPCs to the world are the cause of my CTDs. In the beginning of this year I remember I played with full-spawn Warzones and Occupy Skyrim mods and I had lesser crashes. Strange. Now, with Dawnguard, Hearthfire, new patches and updated mods, my game became more and more unstable.

Such a pity for such a great game.

I wished Bethesda could release a foolproof mod creation kit with their next TES or Fallout games which prevents the PC from crashing...

Edited by mrsathletic