new texture mod does not load

Skanagar

i have a problem with a new assault rifle texture mod i want to install. i have archive invalidation activated (with NMM and also tried the downloadable tool from nexus) and in the .ini the value is also 1. i installed the NMC texture pack and this works fine, but this assault rifle texture just won't be replaced... could it be that FWE interferes, like changing the standard path of the assault rifle texture?

i would be very glad if you could help me, since i googled for hours now and still found no solution, because mostly this problem occurs with an inactive archive invalidation...

Edited by Skanagar

Skanagar - Hello!

If you have two mods making changes to the same weapon, one could very well be overriding another.

If your Assault rifle mod has an .esp & is not just replacment textures, try loading it's .esp below FWE's plugins. Whatever mod loads last will win.

"i noticed that the texture of the world model will be replaced. so i can see the new texture when i drop the weapon on the ground, but not when equipped. any ideas?"

Sounds like something is changing the Assault Rifles 1st person textures.

Many weapons have a special 1stperson texture set so that an HQ texture gets used on the weapon when you're holding it. It then switches to a lower res texture when dropped to save on performance.

The vanilla Assault Rifle uses a 1st person texture by default, so it could just have not been set in the Assault rifle mod.

If it does have an .esp, you could check it in FO3Edit.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

ok, this helped a little bit to understand the matter, thank you. i messed around with FO3edit and found the WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp is changing something with a 1st person texture. so i removed all those lines refering to the texture (now all lines refering to the assault rifle are green or at least yellow) and saved the .esp, but when i load the game nothing has changed: 1st person => ugly vanilla texture, dropping the weapon => HD texture.

and to answer your question, the HD texture has no .esp, so i can't change any load order... what else could it be? :pinch:

Edit: ok, this is crazy... i just discovered that the assault rifle will get the proper HD texture when dropped on the ground or even when worn by NPCs. just when i equip it, i have vanilla textures (3rd AND 1st person).

Edited by Skanagar

does anybody have an idea where the 1st person texture of the assault rifle is placed?

i already tried:

1stpersonassaultrifle01.dds

1stpersonassaultrifle02.dds

1stpersong3assaultrifle.dds

assaultrifle01.dds

assaultrifle02.dds

g3assaultrifle.dds

g3assaultrifle_n.dds

g3assaultrifleclip.dds

but none works. the last three normally should be the right ones (like given by the mod) and they replace the texture of the world model, but not if i equip the weapon.

edit: finally i've got a solution. the RH_Ironsights.esm changed the first person texture. i found an entry under "texture sets". before i thought i could see all changes to weapons (including textures) in the weapon section in FO3edit, but that proved wrong.

Edited by Skanagar