Does anyone know how to find the moons in the Creation Kit?

KnightRangersGuild

I think the moons are just textures you can find packed in the textures.bsa. Use bsaOpt to extract them.

They might also show up if you press 6 or 7 in the CK. One of those enables the sky.

Thank you, I can find it in the files or BSA, I just can't find them in the CK, I tried using their names and everything. But there has to be meshes for them because I know where to find them in the files data folder, but thank you very much for your help I will try the 6 and 7 thing now.

I think the moons are just textures you can find packed in the textures.bsa. Use bsaOpt to extract them.

They might also show up if you press 6 or 7 in the CK. One of those enables the sky.

Yup the moons are just a series of textures showing the various stages of fullness. I replaced Masser with a water world in my game...I think there was something like six textures I had to make for the various phases of the moon.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/Masser.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68

Thankies Scrivener...I'm really happy with how it turned out. ^^

KnightRangersGuild, I did some digging around in the Skyrim sky meshes I had unpacked to from the .bsa and found what appears to be Masser's mesh named da05bloodmoon.nif its in the Meshes\Sky folder.

Here's a screenshot of it in NifSkope...maybe if you open it in NifSkope you can find a clue to locating it in the Creation Kit. I searched for moon, bloodmoon, da05bloodmoon, da05 and a few other things in the Creation Kit but nothing jumped out as the moons to me.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/Bloodmoon2.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68

Yea I've looked at the nif and couldn't find any hint on what it's called in CK, all I want to do is add the "Null Texture Set" to the planet but keep the moon so it looks more like being on Earth. The "Null Texture set" will just make the planet transparent. But thank you for all your help. Still trying to find it in CK so if anyone knows please enlighten me.

Yea I've looked at the nif and couldn't find any hint on what it's called in CK, all I want to do is add the "Null Texture Set" to the planet but keep the moon so it looks more like being on Earth. The "Null Texture set" will just make the planet transparent. But thank you for all your help. Still trying to find it in CK so if anyone knows please enlighten me.

So if I understand correctly...you want to get rid of Masser and just leave the smaller moon Secunda? If thats the case that should be pretty easy to do with just a texture replacement. You could just open the masser_new.dds texture which is nothing more than a 8x8 pixel square and change its alpha to black making which should make it transparent in Skyrim, then save it as all the masser texture names and drop those into your Skyrim/Data/Textures/Sky folder. When you start Skyrim Masser should be gone. I'd back up the original Masser textures in the unpacked texture folder first in case you ever decide to mod the moon again.

Edited by Jennifur68

Thankies Scrivener...I'm really happy with how it turned out. ^^

KnightRangersGuild, I did some digging around in the Skyrim sky meshes I had unpacked to from the .bsa and found what appears to be Masser's mesh named da05bloodmoon.nif its in the Meshes\Sky folder.

Here's a screenshot of it in NifSkope...maybe if you open it in NifSkope you can find a clue to locating it in the Creation Kit. I searched for moon, bloodmoon, da05bloodmoon, da05 and a few other things in the Creation Kit but nothing jumped out as the moons to me.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/Bloodmoon2.jpg

Actually, the mesh is just used for a specific area, specifically, Bloated Man's Grotto in the quest "Ill Met By Moonlight", and has no correlation with the whatever the Sky uses to display the moon in the night sky, and is a placed mesh within the game world. Scrivener07 is correct in that the actual moon stuff is just a series of textures shown in different phases.