Make your own novelty T-Shirt

BionicRock

Who doesn't love a Tshirt that says "I went to GNR and all I got was this Fatman!"? Well I just had a idea that could very well make this kind of shirt something anyone can have. Imagine if you had a outfit that was just a plain white tee and jeans that was designed to be easy to retexture in Gimp so that all you have to do is download, slap a design on the shirt (color change optional), save it and activate the ESP putting it in the game world. Now why do this you ask, why not just retexture a ingame shirt if your so desperate? Well quite simply put it's suppose to be a sort of canvas, no carefully erasing and blending to get rid of existing designs no staring at a UV map trying to decipher whats what just a plain simple non threatening canvas that serves as an empty medium for your unhindered creativity. In fact this idea could be done for a lot of things, an empty photo frame, a blank book/magazine and with G.E.C.K large picture frames to be placed in the houses as static objects.

What made me think of all this you ask? Simply put after attempting to retexture objects in simple ways like altering the name of a Nuka Cola bottle I found that more often then not 90% of my time was spent covering up existing designs were I wanted to change something and finding that I could never quite make it look right. There was always evidence of my tampering resulting in it looking stupid even if what I added after covering it up didn't look half bad on it's own. If I simply had the equivalent of a paint by numbers I could let my imagination run free and learn texturing with less stress! Perhaps the strongest case of such a frustrating situation was my attempts to retexture the skill books to something I liked better. I found that often times I would just sit around trying to figure out were the spine or edge of the pages began and ended only to look at it ingame and be frustrated to find something was a little too much or too little and had stretched out looking ugly and misshapen. And so I sit and hope that someday there will be a nice little paint for numbers mod for beginning textureres who would prefer a clear canvas with indications of where the sleeve end and the pants begin. P.S. Technically UV maps are like this but I find them a tad hard to decipher what everything on a UV map was suppose to be, is that a trigger or a barrel? Or maybe it was a feather...Wait a feather?!?

P.S.S. (I should of planned my post better...) I mention blank books and picture frames mainly since the game lacks decorative objects that are suitable for art for the sake of art.

Archived