Animation bugs

Manway

So I havnt played Skyrim in a while and now I hear theirs a lot of complaining about the 1.8 patch? Well idk if I was having this problem before or after the patch but I just noticed it now. For some reason a lot of my attack animations are bugged. If I try to swing a melee weapon in 3rd person while moving the animation will almost always be cut short. This is also affecting the Dance of Death mod which normally lets me customize how often I get a kill move animation but even if I set it to 100% I never get a kill move. With or without the mod installed I get this problem and this is the only mod I have that does anything with animations. So has anyone else had this problem?

I remember when Dawnguard came out I had a similar issue with the crossbows but I forgot how I fixed that, anyone have any ideas?

Do you happen to have any FNIS files lying around in your Skyrim data folder?

1.8 is known to conflict with FNIS and one and another mod. So, as I read about DoD:

-Full Compatibility with the 1.7 update and Dawnguard.

It's fully possible that DoD does break your attack animations and such due to the 1.8 patch.

Mods that haven't been "adjusted" for 1.8 (animations mods in this case) may also, beside FNIS, cause this to happen.

Solution is to check for an update for the mod, or remove/deactivate the mod. If it still acts up after you have deactivated ityou should delete the mod completely until a update/fix comes around.

Edited by Mekii