Disable automated camera?

trains4

Where is the switch? I've spent more time fighting the camera than fighting the aliens.

Couple of problems with this camera manager, observer mode, auto zoom/scroll/pan or whatever you want to call it.

I set the camera distance for a good reason, it resets to default distance on each turn. Extremely annoying.

When the soldier is aiming, camera zooms in every time at the soldier, then snaps to the target and back again.

You must watch the soldier move. Every time. Can't switch to another or do anything else.

Terror mission = snaps to civilians and back. Rescue mission = pans to objective, then the transport ship, then back.

I feel like it's deliberately wasting my time, I want to play, not watch the camera flashing up and down.

To sum things up, I'm looking for a way to kill the camera management completely.

What I'd like to achieve, is a "free camera" (sc2, wc3, CoH, C&C type of camera)

There are scripts for aiming camera, moving camera and others inside the upk.

Anyone got some experience with removing such features from upk who can help?

I've tried to hex edit these things out, but no success so far.

Downloaded, endorsed, features work as intended, but that doesn't solve my problem.

I'm used to starcraft cam, so when I set the position, I expect it to stay there, not move to the other side of the map.

I don't want it changing viewpoints while aiming, moving, shooting or selecting units and it still does, with or without the toolboks.

It's not just auto zoom, it's auto pan and auto scroll that's bothering me.

I wouldn't bother you for implementing another feature, but I could use some help in locating the switch that controls the camera manager.

There must be a configuration switch that runs these cam scripts somewhere, I'm just having trouble finding it.

Ah, that. I kind of wish I could turn off the fact that the camera pans with the mouse. The original had that, and it didn't even need it, but this one does need it, since I've missed important rockets/grenade tosses simply because the camera shifted a bit right as I hit space or clicked, because of the way the camera pans, especially when you're aiming at the edge of your view range.

I don't want it changing viewpoints while aiming, moving, shooting or selecting units and it still does, with or without the toolboks.

It's not just auto zoom, it's auto pan and auto scroll that's bothering me.

That was one of my initial intentions for the Free-Camera mod but I was only able to disable auto-zoom at the time unfortunately.

I'll have another look to see if I can find anything that allows the camera to be unrestricted further :)

XGCameraView

XGCameraView_Aiming

XGCameraView_AimingThirdPerson

XGCameraView_Cinematic

XGCameraView_Cursor

XGCameraView_Firing

XGCameraView_Midpoint

XGCameraView_Moving

XGCameraView_Scroll

After a quick look at the files, it seems these folders contain the cam scripts.

XGCameraView contains GetZoom, SetZoom and other functions so this may be the step in the right direction.

However, any changes made to file or folder structure result in a crash after repacking the upk and xshaping the exe.

Anyway, I like the core game but I'm really close to trashing the entire thing due to camera automation and the lack of configuration options.

Mainly the option to control another soldier while one of them is active and the option to cut out narratives and killcam slow motions.

When a tactical game comes to the point where it forces you to stare at the screen doing nothing, it's no longer a tactical game.

If the objective is tactical team control, and the execution involves watching endless repetitive cutscenes, I think it's best for me to quit.

At least until the creators decide if they want to create a game or a bloody movie.

Thanks for your work bokauk, you've improved the core gameplay a lot and I appreciate it.

I can recommend your toolbox to anyone, but I'll think for a long time before recommending the game with all its flaws.