Creation Kit Help - How Do I Make Dialogue?

Zuhon

Okay, I'm creating a mod which adds an NPC which you can converse with. I've recorded voiceovers and written the dialogue tree down. But how do I actually make the dialogue in the Creation Kit? Before we go any further, let me point something out. Yes, I've googled Dialogue Tutorial. But all the results are "Quest Dialogue". My dialogue isn't a quest, it's just a character who can give you information. I've searched for hours and nobody has made anything on non-quest dialogue, and I need help.

The more in-depth you can be, the better. I've never done dialogue and really need help. Thanks! :)

(I cannot say this enough, NOT quest dialogue! Simple dialogue, just for talking!)

How is that true at all? There's plenty of people in the game who you can speak to non-quest?

@Zuhon: I gave you the correct answer. Why are you arguing with me? :armscrossed::ohdear: :wallbash: :facepalm:

Read the wiki link that I gave you and educate yourself already.

"Dialogue is any text that is spoken in the game. In the Creation Kit, all dialogue is organized into Quests. Some Quests exist solely for the purpose of containing dialogue (such as DialogueWhiterun), while others include both quest and dialogue content."

Basically, there is no such thing as "non-quest dialogue", which is why you can't find any information about it :rolleyes:

Edited by steve40

• 2 years later...

The Dialogue has a few purposes, and every thing is a mission /quest I think what he /she is asking is how to make a dialogue for a something that dose not pertain to a mission specifically. like a follower that is made from a skyrim npc, that may have had a mission and was part of a quest, but mostly for something like a talking table as part of a quest,and how...? BigSmiles. T.y.

Edited by jaywayway

Create a quest as instructed above. Go the misc tab and right click and select "New". This will allow you to add idle dialogues such as hello etc.

I thoroughly recommend reading Deck 16's tutorial and ignore the follower aspect of it. It's really insightful regarding how dialogue works and can be influenced by different actions.

http://deck16.net/post/22645519500/making-a-unique-voiced-follower-in-skyrim-part-1

• 8 years later...