Text displays $ in front of every word...

Bankaz

So I just reinstalled Skyrim after some issues, put my regular mod-list back in the data folder, and now whenever I open the game, EVERY, SINGLE, WORD has "$" in front of it.

I've tried activating and deactivating mods, verifying local game data via steam, searched through the text files and the INI, but nothing turns up.

This is the first time I've had this problem...

Any help?

I had the same problem not so long ago, it seemed to be caused by a mod i had loaded.. try moving all your mods from your data folder to your desktop, or anywhere besides the data folder.. make sure you include all the esp's and the meshes n' textures that belong to the esp.. then load your game, to my knowledge the problem will be gone.. now just install your mods 1 AT A TIME, and load the game each time to see which mod is causing your issue..

This is a result of installing SkyUI and not RTFMing.

Problem: There are dollar signs ($) in front of all words in the main menu (and in lots of other places, too)!

This happens if you accidently removed Data/Interface/Translate_*.txt.

The downloaded SkyUI archive contains an original version of that file in SkyUI Extras/Original Translates/. So just copy the file matching your language from there back to Data/Interface/.

I had the same problem not so long ago, it seemed to be caused by a mod i had loaded.. try moving all your mods from your data folder to your desktop, or anywhere besides the data folder.. make sure you include all the esp's and the meshes n' textures that belong to the esp.. then load your game, to my knowledge the problem will be gone.. now just install your mods 1 AT A TIME, and load the game each time to see which mod is causing your issue..

Thanks, this fixed it! Weird thing is... it wasn't even a mod that altered text...

This is a result of installing SkyUI and not RTFMing.

Problem: There are dollar signs ($) in front of all words in the main menu (and in lots of other places, too)!

This happens if you accidently removed Data/Interface/Translate_*.txt.

The downloaded SkyUI archive contains an original version of that file in SkyUI Extras/Original Translates/. So just copy the file matching your language from there back to Data/Interface/.

Nope, I don't even have skyUI installed, so that can't be it. But it's solved now - Thanks for the answer anyways :)