Damn you, Bethesda. Why would you do this?

Relativelybest

Indeed, and that is why I personally don't mind that spears aren't actually in DB. What I have a real problem with regarding DB was just the complete and total lack of any information coming out of Beth on the DLC's features. I wouldn't have raised a single peep on the subject if Beth would have just came out and said "Playable spears aren't in. They aren't ready yet". But they didn't, so any backlash they get on that is their own faults.

Not to mention that they didn't told us up to the very last moment that PC users would again be neglected...I guess we could have expected that, but still.

I don't exactly know why, but I have a feeling that Dragonborn is a half-product somehow. They give us that fancy Dragon flying, yet we practically can't control the Dragon per se; now that thing with the spears. I hope at least Solstheim and all that story aroud Miraak will be good.

Half-product seems unfair honestly. I haven't played it myself obviously but if you're carefull with or just plain don't mind spoilers there's quite a lot of information around the internet from 360 players. Dragon Riding and Spears are not even close to the most important parts of the DLC, at least not to me. People seem to be focusing on what isn't in the DLC as opposed to what we are actually getting.

1. Apocrypha. Holy s***. Apocrypha is in my opinion one of if not the most interesting realms of Oblivion. We finally get to visit the realm of forbidden knowledge, interact with the Daedric prince who knows literally everything? Yes please.

2. Solstheim. This may not mean much to players who didn't play Morrowind and particularly the Bloodmoon expansion, but to me, returning to Solstheim means so much. I can not wait to see how it's changed and to visit locations I remember.

3. Lore, lots of lore. Now, this one is not one I can back up with more than a Reddit post on the DLC, but apparently there are books containing a lot of details of what's been going on in Morrowind since the Red Year, that's 200 years of lore, most of it contained in a single temple/library. That's probably going to be the very first thing I do when I arrive on Solstheim, reading all of those books from cover to cover.

4. Lots of cool armour and weapons, including Chitin, Stahlrim and Bonemold from Morrowind. High quality screenshots are scarce but they do exist and everything I've seen has ranged from cool to awesome.

5. New shouts and powers. Honestly I am not too excited about shouts, I barely use the Thu'um as it is because killing something with my weapon or a spell is much more convenient and has no cooldown. The powers you gain in Apocrypha however seem to be fairly useful across the board, with a few novelty powers for good measure.

6. The ability to reset a perk tree using a Dragon Soul. Some people have been against this, I don't understand why seeing as it's entirely optional. Personally I think it's a great addition, giving people more freedom in how they build their characters is fantastic for those who want it and does nothing to those who don't.

There's more, but I can't be bothered to write out everything that's new in Dragonborn, suffice to say it is not fair to call it a "half-product" simply because Dragon Riding is not as cool as people thought it would be. And honestly, you have nobody to blame for that but yourself. I got really hyped for Oblivion before it came out and I learned from that experience, containing your expectations is the best way to avoid dissapointment. Personally I think adding Dragon riding is a mistake, but I understand why others might really like it. The lack of spears is also not a big enough detriment when compared to everything we actually get.

So if the point you were getting at is that Dragonborn does not give good value for the money you pay for it, I beg to differ.

Its funny that you ask why people care so much when you apparently care so much that they aren't added in. Hypocrisy at its best right there.

I don't care that they aren't added in. That's my point. Are you blind, or just stupid?

So whats your actual problem here? Is it bothering you that people are posting about something you, apparently, don't care about anyway?

Also, nice one calling me stupid. :rolleyes:

Half-product seems unfair honestly. I haven't played it myself obviously but if you're carefull with or just plain don't mind spoilers there's quite a lot of information around the internet from 360 players. Dragon Riding and Spears are not even close to the most important parts of the DLC, at least not to me. People seem to be focusing on what isn't in the DLC as opposed to what we are actually getting.

You're right, calling it a half-product is somehow unfair. Just to clarify: I really can't wait for that DLC to come, it's not like I'm a hater or something. I haven't played neither Morrowind nor its expansion, so I'm looking forward even more to get to Solstheim and explore it with Red Mountain on the horizon; I'd also like to know more about Miraak, he seems interesting as a character. Now, Dragon riding itself would be nice and all, but when it comes to spears, I really don't care; I prefer a sword and a shield when in combat. To say more, I'm pretty sure that when Dragonborn finally arrives on PC, it will satisfy all my expectations - even though they're not as big as you might have thought - just like Dawnguard did. Problem is, we (PC users) have to wait for it - again - which is a bit frustrating.

Edited by Inquart

Its funny that you ask why people care so much when you apparently care so much that they aren't added in. Hypocrisy at its best right there.

I don't care that they aren't added in. That's my point. Are you blind, or just stupid?

So whats your actual problem here? Is it bothering you that people are posting about something you, apparently, don't care about anyway?

It doesn't bother me, I just don't see why you care about something that quite frankly sucks anyways.

Also, you called me a hypocrite, so it's not like you can talk.

Having watched my brother put several hours into Dragonborn, i can say, IMO, it is content unlike anything we've seen since Morrowind. Itis an expansion, plain and simple, and is leagues ahead of what Dawnguard was, or even what Shivering Isles offered.

And that's without even making it to Dragon Riding.

It doesn't bother me, I just don't see why you care about something that quite frankly sucks anyways.

Also, you called me a hypocrite, so it's not like you can talk.

Yes, because its hypocrisy to put so much care into decrying something you don't care about.

And besides that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgXLKMatR4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RWLxlzTiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCBcYj5jEeA

^ And thats just for using the spear as an actual spear. This isn't going into the OTHER polearms and how a lot of polearms, including spears, can be used as a quarterstaff. And fighting with a quarterstaff, is awesome, both in real life and otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c54dm9B02o

http://youtu.be/UVswW2NEWHc?t=20s

*note, had to code the links otherwise it wouldn't let me post.

Wait wait wait wait... wait wait wait. wait.

Spears suck? Ok, 300 took it a little extreme... but Spears are the secont most versitile weapon ever created by human hands. They were the mainstay, in various forms, of militaries for the better part of 10,000 years, and their legacy remains today. All that drill they teach you in the military? Developed centuries ago for spear formations.

No other weapon has has such a lasting effect on warfare and combat than the spear, not even the Sword.

Having watched my brother put several hours into Dragonborn, i can say, IMO, it is content unlike anything we've seen since Morrowind. Itis an expansion, plain and simple, and is leagues ahead of what Dawnguard was, or even what Shivering Isles offered.

And that's without even making it to Dragon Riding.

In between the arguing I'm reading your interjections with an ever growing sense of glee. Thanks for that.

Can't wait to play it.