Damn you, Bethesda. Why would you do this?

Relativelybest

Thanks to Imperistan for sticking up for me. I wasn't really going to make a big deal of this, because I actually don't enjoy arguing about things on the internet.

Though, I have to say I'm a bit appalled by the attitudes around here. I don't expect everyone to care about the same issues I do, but I did at least expect a bit of damn solidarity. I don't mind disagreements, but the fact that some of you decided to belittle my complaints is, honestly, pretty bad form.

Why do people care so much about bloody spears?

Why do we care about anything? We all have things we like. It wouldn't surprise me if you care about something I probably don't give a damn about. That's the thing about people; they are different.

This was something I was looking forward to, and it was denied me. Thus, I reserve the right to be disappointed. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Edited by Relativelybest

This was something I was looking forward to, and it was denied me. Thus, I reserve the right to be disappointed. I don't see what's wrong with that.

nothing wrong with being disappointed or reserving the right to be. However if you post a topic like this you will get replies that:

- agree with what you said

- don't agree with what was said

- extreme left forum users who will defend you right to complain/ discuss etc. to the bitter end

- extreme right forum users who don't agree with what was said and will go to great links to prove you wrong

no matter what you post about, it could be about how great the sun is, and someone will argue that the sun causes skin cancer.

in four words: Welcome to the internet

- extreme right forum users who don't agree with what was said and will go to great links to prove you wrong

I would just like to add that the extreme right has a tendancy to take the stance "If you don't agree with me, you MUST be wrong" regardless of any proof they actually have. Take, for instance, the now twice banned Entinamorph, or whatever his name was.

I just hope this dlc is LONG to finsh say atleast 4 times longer then dawnguard.

The reviews i've read have said 10-12 hours.

in terms of how long the DLC is , is subjective to how fast you play thru it, you play style (sneaking vs. charging in), and whether or not you actually attempt to find everything the plugin has to offer.

Spears suck? Ok, 300 took it a little extreme... but Spears are the secont most versitile weapon ever created by human hands. They were the mainstay, in various forms, of militaries for the better part of 10,000 years, and their legacy remains today. All that drill they teach you in the military? Developed centuries ago for spear formations.

No other weapon has has such a lasting effect on warfare and combat than the spear, not even the Sword.

Which would be the first, idly? I know swords are lauded as being balanced for offense and defense, but the good ol' axe has a lot more uses outside of combat than a sword.

That being said, I wouldn't call it "lasting", more like "continued". Slap a bayonet on the end of a rifle and you're actively using a spear :biggrin:

Spears suck? Ok, 300 took it a little extreme... but Spears are the secont most versitile weapon ever created by human hands. They were the mainstay, in various forms, of militaries for the better part of 10,000 years, and their legacy remains today. All that drill they teach you in the military? Developed centuries ago for spear formations.

No other weapon has has such a lasting effect on warfare and combat than the spear, not even the Sword.

Which would be the first, idly? I know swords are lauded as being balanced for offense and defense, but the good ol' axe has a lot more uses outside of combat than a sword.

That being said, I wouldn't call it "lasting", more like "continued". Slap a bayonet on the end of a rifle and you're actively using a spear :biggrin:

And sharpening the end of a spoon gives you a knife.