enemy npcs engaging at 'nothing' bug

arby166

When I play and run into enemies like bandits and forsworns, archers and caster enemies look almost straight up and start shooting at nothing. That 'nothing' seems to be a stationary object, I tried to click around it in console command mode but there is nothing in the sky. It's pretty annoying because Im trying to sneak up on an unsuspecting target but they are actively engaged with that invisible something. What can cause something like that? thx

what mods are you using?

the devil is in the details, so is the solution

it's after i updated convenient horses and got ATTK skse mod. I have lots of mods but i never encountered this problem before. Also I loaded older saves and its not there anymore (with same mods as when i had this problem).

I recall someone having a similar issue when using a mod that adds killable birds then removing it....script still ran as it was part of his save.

Do you have anything that adds killable birds? Another possibility is a missing texture so in fact it's there but invisible

I recall someone having a similar issue when using a mod that adds killable birds then removing it....script still ran as it was part of his save.

Do you have anything that adds killable birds? Another possibility is a missing texture so in fact it's there but invisible

No never have used the killable birds mod b4. But I loaded up a earlier save and it doesn't do it anymore. I also occasionally find a waterfall floating and dead horse hovering in the air, which when I shot it with a bow it dropped down. Could be similar to the original bug. Any idea which mod causes stuffs to hover in the air?

That's actually skyrim itself...random engine snafus.

Aside from the bird one and possibly missing textures causing "invisible" something...I'm not sure.

When you see them looking up you could enter the console and start clicking around in the area they're looking...you might get lucky and hit it. Then you would have the formID and from there track down what it is.