House Mods that you can Purchase ?

surg23

Hi there,

Has anyone come across a good House Mod that you actually pay for ?, I see a lot of nice Mods out there, but none of which you actually have to purchase.

I need this because i role play heavily and have been living out of an abandoned mine for the last 30 or so levels. I simply cannot digest the scenario that these mansions are just sitting around for the taking when there are homeless and bandits all over Skyrim. It would ruin my experience. It also adds to one of Skyrim's major problems, that being, there is nothing to spend gold on.

Hope someone can help.

Just roleplay that you've bought it :thumbsup:

On a more serious note, house mods are often what modders start out with, maybe because the entry bar is relatively low. Throw an internal cell together, add clutter, learn to navmesh, hook it up to the tamriel worldspace, that sort of thing. Even this requires learning how to do several things and will generally take many hours of dedicated work. To expect beginning mod authors to build a home AND add conditionalized buying quests, a (voiced) quest giver (or perhaps even more difficult, hijack/adapt an established vanilla steward) and all the other bits and pieces required may be slightly unrealistic. More experienced mod authors usually move on to other things.

That said, I think I've seen several house mods on the nexus that you need to do/buy things for to get, but I don't recall any offhand.

Edited by acidzebra

Hmm, guess i fall into the minority of people who don't use God weapons, Flying horses, and Spells of mass destruction.

I have also a mod that includes a set of clothing, of which they added a vendor in Qasmoke, maybe i'll have to poke around in the CK and link the House sale to that vendor. Sounds like a weekend job.

Thanks for the help.

Shameless plug. My first skyrim mod was a house with a quest to obtain it. Its floating around nexus somewhere.

I'd actually say to stay away from CK during a serious play-through of Skyrim. messing around with statics and objects really breaks the whole 'emersion' thing since when i begin to see which statics are being used in a building.

Hmm, guess i fall into the minority of people who don't use God weapons, Flying horses, and Spells of mass destruction.

I have also a mod that includes a set of clothing, of which they added a vendor in Qasmoke, maybe i'll have to poke around in the CK and link the House sale to that vendor. Sounds like a weekend job.

Thanks for the help.

No idea how you got from my comment to talking about god weapons, or why a serious role player would ever end up in the qasmoke dev testing cell. But, uh, good luck I guess.

I just made an observation about the majority demographic not wanting/needing to pay for neat stuff in game. As you pointed out, this is not a concern for Mod creators, as there is little to no demand for it anyway. I was simply saying that I fall into the minority here. God weapons, OP spells, Console spamming are just some identifiable characteristics that define a key demographic that dictates what content we find in Mods.

I'll try to ignore your stroppy condescending attitude for now, And tell you that Qasmoke has a Role play friendly mod to make it access-able like any other cell in the game. To me it's just a basement under Riverwood.

Btw, you cannot "guess" someone good luck. That would imply your wish of luck for me is false.

Check out Skyrim Real Estate: http://skyrimrealestate.com/index.html

They have a separate category for buyable homes.

Thank you so much! +1

Shameless plug. My first skyrim mod was a house with a quest to obtain it. Its floating around nexus somewhere.

I'd actually say to stay away from CK during a serious play-through of Skyrim. messing around with statics and objects really breaks the whole 'emersion' thing since when i begin to see which statics are being used in a building.

Hey,

Thanks for the friendly warning. I have a little experience with GECK, so i'll just sniff about, And if it's too much for me I'll leave it alone lol.

Btw, do you remember the name of your House Mod ?