Question about objects and textures...

rheadude

Hey!

I have a question about effects and how they are related to objects. I'm trying to make a fire mod and just wanted to know how a bonfire "knows" which fire effects and fire textures it has to use...where is this information or texture and effect path stored? i can't find anything about objects and paths in the creation kit. i only opened the skyrim - textures.bsa and i know where to find the fire and flame textures, but i don't know which textures are related to which fires....a torch uses other flame textures than a bonfire....and if I extract alle the "fire" textures from the Skyrim - Textures.bsa I don't know for sure, if I got every effect extracted, a bonfire uses. The information has to be stored somewhere in the bonfire file...

You know what I mean? It's hard for me to describe, because I come from germany and the last english lessons I have had were at highschool 10 years ago.

Pls help me or send me a name of a modder, who probably knows an answer to my question.

Thank you very much :)

BuzzDee / rheadude

Edited by rheadude

Not sure what you're trying to do, Jalynn. That file comes with 1 (one) mesh exactly, a morrowind-style urn. The rest are retextured vanilla objects. You should be able to work out what is what by looking at the esp that was supplied with the archive. And of course it's a modder's resource, not something you "make work" in an ongoing game. Dropping it in your load order isn't going to do anything at all, unless you coc to tfmwclutterzone where it's all on display.

You can extract the nifs from the vanilla game BSAs by using any kind of BSA browser/extractor like this one.

Edited by acidzebra