Help me get my game working!

son0fgrim

I had a huge cluster f*** a few months back and now I just finished fixing Fallout: New Vegas after going through every file folder and completely de-installing every file from my Steam folders and then re-installing everything from scratch. I then added in some highly recommended mods and some others I liked (Listed below), activated all of them, made a new character, and started up the game with everything running smoothly up until now. I'm going to list the mods I have and the issues i'm having with them.... if I can't find any maybe you can!

In general I just occasionally get the normal Freezes while loading, crashes to the desk top from buffer overflow. my biggest issue is my game crashes every single time I enter the bar at in boulder city, where some mod quests need me to go.

Yes I do have all the DLC's, preorder items, and all that other stuff you can buy on Steam. (i have a Steam version of the game)

AWOP No issues other then the normal "Crash to desktop" one when I believe theres just to much stuff and the games buffer over flows.

AK47 mod No issues other then when I add the silencer to the gun the game crashes.

All companions Essential none that i've seen so far...

Badlands quest mod sometimes the old man you get this quest from has no "Goodbye" dialog option so I have to use the cam console command to get away from him (this is also happening with a couple other NPC's and its very annoying.)

Burning Campfire none that i've found.

Bushmaster M4A1 None that I have found.

Caesars New Regime - Legion Overhaul Nothing other then them occasionally Spawning without the Mod weapons or armor in AWOP zones.

CONELRAD 640-1240 - Civil Defense Radio Sometimes it just doesn't work or play songs, mostly right before I crash to desktop in a non-vanilla zone.

Deimos none (yet)

Fortune Canyon Conflicts with Treasures of the wasteland textures.

Gunslinger outfit not sure if it does conflict, as I wear this armor all the time.

IMI UZI none hopefully.

JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats Sometimes the Fiends are wearing them (though I think that's part of the mod)

JoOs MODERN Armory and JoOs Modern NCR replacement some troops don't wear the armor. (rare)

Lil Macintosh Revolver - New Vegas Edition none that i have found.

New Vegas Bounties I and New Vegas Bounties II The bar in boulder city crashes my game.

Niner and the Vanilla body patch for him. the only problem with Niner is that I can't complete his quest because the Vault_21 is missing. The gift shop is there but if I go down the stairs there's a little atrium area, some stairs that lead up into a empty room, and then some stairs that lead down into a greenish abyss of nothingness. I've been told that the Rockwell Decent mod is the cause of this but i started my game out with that mod installed.

Real Smokes The addiction effects don't work. (or I'm really lucky.)

Save Cass took a few trys to get this to work.

Strangers Abroad Chapters 1- 2 Sometimes crash in the building you start the quest in.

The Mod Configuration Menu none that I have seen...

The Rockwell Descent Breaks the Niner quest.

Treasures of the Wastes model and texture conflicts.

Wasteland Flora Overhaul none, makes everything look beautiful.

Weapon Animation Replacers Pistol and SMG animations don't work.

Weightless Ammo works fine as far as I can tell.

Working Bottle Cap Press Works great.

Mods I manually installed:

Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX none, which is nice.

Vault 42 - Personal Fallout Shelter Game freezes when I fast travel to it.

Realistic Headshots none that I can find.

More Perks Some perks don't work when taken.

My Little Pony texture replacement None, this mod is actually really amusing because all the posters still replace ones even in non vanilla areas.

EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements none, not even with WME

Willow - A Better Companion Experience None, which I thank various gods for.

Beyond Boulder Dome None! This mod is frigging awesome!

Blood: Refilled Replaces male voice with much better dialog.

Bingles melee Complete Conflicts with some other Mellee weapons in the legion mod.

Breathing Mask Fix Clipping issues.

And I'm having a very strange issue where Nexus mod manager isn't letting me install Project Nevada which is rather infuriating.

I'll have some videos up soon that show some of the Glitches i'm having.

Edited by son0fgrim

I posted on your comments in the Niner mod section: "A clean save does NOT mean you start over, a clean save is when you leave the area effected by the mod you wish to uninstall (I suggest going to Goodsprings Victor's shack). Save there. Now uninstall the mod causeing the problem The Rockwell mod it seems to be. Load the game WITHOUT that mod, save again and exit the game. Do not reinstall the problem mod, its broken. Your game should work now.

If it does NOT then your save is keeping the broken areas, sadly you will need to go back to a different save before entering the strip. This has nothing to do with Niner, and everything to do with the problem mod."

Pretty much then your save is keeping the data in it, and nothing anyone can really do for you.

Welp I feel like a idoit. the door to the vualt was in the gift shop, it was just open so I didn't notice it. well thats done now... time to move on to the next batch of glitches.

For the AK-47 (And any of his mods in general) you need to use the Weapon Mod Menu,

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44515

This will stop the crashes related to that.

Did the first one, worked.

Had to manually install Project Nevada. conflicted with the stupid AK47 mod so I scraped it (and a few other mod guns) I am now having issues with Fiends randomly spawning in front of camp mccarean on top of 5 armed land mines (which are theirs o they don't explode) it keeps crashing my game when a stray bullet hits a mine and blows the fiends into meaty chunks. there also the issue of a random BOS patrol spawning on Black mountain. no clue why the hell their there but they usually get killed by the locals.