Creation Kit Help

Deacon052

Hey guys!

I'm trying to do two current things in the creation kit and I can't seem to find anything to help and what I do find makes zero sense.

First thing is that I'm trying to advance a quest through the unlocking of a cell door, my NPC is in jail and asks the player to get him out and I basically want the quest stage to progress after the player has unlocked and opened the cell door,I have the basic quest set up using the Quest Design Fundamentals Series from the creation kit wiki I'm just stumped where to go from here.

Second thing I'd like some help with is I basically want my main NPC (not his prisoner counterpart which I've separated into another entity) to only spawn after the player has completed this "introduction" quest so he can realistically get his armour and weapons etc, I'm basically following the Erik The Slayer direction player helps NPC in a quest player leaves for a few days and returns and NPC has armour etc, after this quest I need the prisoner NPC to disappear from the game.

That's all I need help with at the moment any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated! :happy:

I haven't really done scripting in a while, but I guess I would roughly do it like that: Attach a script to the cell door that checks via the OnOpen(https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=OnOpen_-_ObjectReference) function if the player opened it and then set the quest stage accordingly (https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=SetQuestStage_-_Quest). You might need to check for some other conditions that could interfere, but that's usually only clear after some testing.

Edited by DocMoebius

• 4 weeks later...

I would like some help as well.. See the first problem is that I am working on creating a castle in the windhelm kit, but the problem is there aren't many corner pieces. The only one that isn't a window (which wouldn't make sense because this room is not at the back or the front or the side of the building) is a wall that is much bigger than the rest of my pieces. But when I scaled it down to .75 it did fit but then the pieces I tried to line up with it wouldn't fit properly with the snap to grid feature on. I want to keep that on as much as possible...Any suggestions?