How do you make objects stay put???

jfshull

I am really frustrated. In the CK, I put objects all around my player home on shelves, tables, etc, yet when I go into the game everything is scattered all over the floor.

How Do I keep stuff in place? I have tried collision cubes and it does not work. Any clues are greatly appreciated.

Make sure the objects do not clip into another object.

Another method open up the 'reference' (double click it in render view) of your object and in the '3D data' tab is to tick the radio box 'dont havok settle' - This is the method used to make daggers stick into walls and tables you see in-game

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y540/arquey/CKhelp_zps97839464.jpg

Edited by Noobo

Thanks.

I'll try that.

(Sometime later...)

Using that setting did not work.

In fact, it seemed to make things worse.

Any other ideas?

How do you put food on a plate and make it stay there? Those items are all overlapping.

Edited by jfshull

Along with "Don't Havok Settle", you can also assign the default script "defaultDisableHavokOnLoad" to each reference you want to stay put. By default:

havokOnHit = true

havokOnActivate = false

havokOnZKey = false

Meaning, it will only havok when it is hit. If you set them all to false, it will remain static.

Just so you know, the defaultDisableHavokOnLoad script only works when the cell is first loaded. So if you start a new game, it works. If you've never been to the area in question, or haven't been there recently, it works. If you save inside the cell you're using the scripted objects in, and load your game from there? It won't work. The cell has to load itself for the script to fire, and it won't load if it's already loaded, i.e. if you saved in that cell or were just in there recently and haven't traveled very far.

I mention this because it makes testing a bit of an aggravation. Many of us tend to test using a save that's inside or nearby the cell we want to test out, for obvious reasons, but if you're testing objects with a script that involves OnLoad, you have to be sure the cell unloads and loads again before you'll see the script take effect. It doesn't matter if it's a clean save that's never seen your mod before, it only matters if the cell has reloaded. Otherwise you waste a lot of time thinking your script isn't working when in fact there's nothing wrong with it. The best way to make sure is to go inside somewhere that isn't your test home, open the console and type PCB. It's the command to "purge cell buffer" and it will unload your test cell so that the next time you go in there, the cell is forced to reload and the script will fire.

You should also keep this in mind if you're making updates to an already-released mod. If someone downloads your house mod, then you update it and add more objects that use the OnLoad script, and the same person downloads the latest version, make sure they're aware that they'll need to force that cell to unload and reload otherwise the new stuff will be all over the floor again.