Need Help - Perk for Changing Stats Based On Radiation

Hectasword

I am trying to create a perk that gives the player increased strength, agility, DT, etc., based on your current radiation level, but in game, some of the changes do not take effect. I am using the following effect on an ability in the perk's effect list:

IncreaseStrength "Increased Strength" [MGEF:0001515C]

Magnitude 1

Type Self

Actor Value Strength

with the following conditions:

Subject.GetActorValue(Rad Level) >= 400.000000 AND

Subject.GetActorValue(Rad Level) < 600.000000 AND

The intended result is a bonus to Strength of +1 when your RADS are between 400 and 600. There are tiered bonuses for levels between 600 and 800 and between 800 and 1000, and beyond. This Actor Effect is added to the perk as an Ability. It doesn't work, as stated, but other effects work properly. For example, the perk applies Entry Point movement speed bonuses successfully with the exact same conditions.

Can anyone tell me why the conditions would work for one effect as an Entry Point directly in the Perk's effects list, but not in the Actor Effect's effects list? This is the first time I've tried to make a relatively complex perk, so I won't be surprised if I'm missing something obvious about how these systems work.

Edit: I've discovered that adding the desired bonuses to the Radiation Stage effects, with a check that the player has the perk, works perfectly. I wanted to do this without altering those records, though, so if anyone has some feedback, I'd love to hear it.

I don't see why this shouldn't work. Make sure the comparison is right in the ability, and it should take effect. Also if you are testing it with a character that is already at that rad level try healing the rads and getting them again, sometimes the game doesn't register the changes intermediately.