Xml code

pasmon79

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
<Check InputAmount="2" InputFlags="" InputId="Variable1" />

Above code checks a variable1 against a numerical value 2. Is it possible to check a variable1 to the numerical value of some other variable2 defined earlier without directly referring to its value i.e avoid "InputAmount"?

Edited by pasmon79

Here are a number of examples... take a look for which format might work best for what you are trying to do. Many are the same, as I just searched for the compare lines.

<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Family.Influence" InputId2="Family.Renown" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Ammo" InputId2="Max.Ammo" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Food" InputId2="Max.Food" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Fuel" InputId2="Max.Fuel" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Materials" InputId2="Max.Materials" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Medicine" InputId2="Max.Medicine" />
<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThanEqual" InputId1="Sandbox.TotalNPCsSpawned" InputId2="Sandbox.Survivors.Rare" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="100" InputId2="Stockpile.Food" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="200" InputId2="Stockpile.Food" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="Count.Population" InputId2="Capacity.Labor" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="Game.RTS.IncomeFood" InputId2="MaxFoodUse" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="Sandbox.TotalNPCsSpawned" InputId2="Sandbox.Survivors.Cap" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="Sandbox.TotalNPCsSpawned" InputId2="Sandbox.Survivors.Cap">
<Compare CompareOp="LessThan" InputId1="Sandbox.TotalNPCsSpawned" InputId2="Sandbox.Survivors.Rare" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Family.Influence" InputId2="Family.Renown" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Sandbox.Zombie.DensityMultiplier" InputId2="Sandbox.Zombie.DensityMultiplierMinimum" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Sandbox.Zombie.DensityMultiplierOriginal" InputId2="Sandbox.Zombie.DensityMultiplier" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Stockpile.Ammo" InputId2="Max.Ammo" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Stockpile.Food" InputId2="Max.Food" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Stockpile.Fuel" InputId2="Max.Fuel" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Stockpile.Materials" InputId2="Max.Materials" />
<Compare CompareOp="LessThanEqual" InputId1="Stockpile.Medicine" InputId2="Max.Medicine" />

GreaterThanEqual means greater OR equal, and the same for LessThanEqual, less than OR equal.

<Compare CompareOp="GreaterThan" InputId1="Stockpile.Ammo" InputId2="Max.Ammo" />

It specifically compares InputId1 to InputId2, so here it is looking to see if Stockpile.Ammo is greater then Max.Ammo.

Edited by qmjs

Yes. I use one calculation that includes OutputAmount="Count.Population", so any variable that has a value defined already should work.

I have tried to use variable-name in "OutputAmount" and is not working. I have initialized the variables in the same "Event", well before the execution of line containing "OutputAmount" in addition to defining in rtsdata and it did not work. What do i need to do more?

Edited by pasmon79

Make sure the variable is set up in globalconstants.xml, not just in the event. You can assign a value in the event, but the variable must exist in globalconstants first. Otherwise any call to the variable is always going to be 0/false.

Edited by qmjs