searching gaming headset

true 5.1 headsets are 80€+, cheapest I have seen was 60€ with super-discount.

Roccat Kave, Tritton pc510hda and CM Storm Sirus are all 5.1 headsets.

tritton/kave@90€ and Sirus@~100€

I have tritton, it sucks balls compared to good 2.0 headphones.

If you want quality, you buy a headphone + separate mic (modmic or zalman clip-mic).

I have MMX-2, Tritton pc510hda and DT-770 pro (80ohm).

DT-770 blows all the others away but costs 145€.

If your budget is only 60€, the best headset you can get is Siberia V2. (if you can find one under 60€, pretty easy here in Finland if you know where to look.)

If you want surround 5.1, get Xonar DGX soundcard and do the surround virtually with dolby headphones.

Edited by kalikka

As said above, "5.1" or "7.1" headsets are almost entirely crap.

They have one use: competitive online gaming. Add Recon3d with Cheat Mode on and you get, well, a cheat - basically hearing just footsteps and shots and their exact direction with no echo, ambiance, etc.

If you don't have to have a gaming headset with a mic built-in, some Philips headphones offer excellent value for the money. Followed by AKG, followed by Beyerdynamic (in terms of value/money).

If you can find Philips SBC HP1000 (for cheap), you'll be golden. If not... it gets harder.

thank you guys, i am doing some research on your headsets now and try to find a good one :)

"They have one use: competitive online gaming. Add Recon3d with Cheat Mode on and you get, well, a cheat - basically hearing just footsteps and shots and their exact direction with no echo, ambiance, etc."

well thats what i want for battlefield 3. actually it isnt as bad as you describe it, but it definately helps spotting emeies easier while you can't even see them.

plus you also got to know from where you are getting attacked by bandits in skyrim muhaha ;)

Edited by TWarrior