Can someone make those buzzing lights STFU?!

darkdill

If there's one thing I REALLY hate in FNV, its that anytime I come near a lit sign or go into my home's armory, I nearly go deaf. The loud buzzing sounds made by the light fixtures just KILL me.

And the thing is, I've searched through my game's Sound folder, and cannot find the sound file that those lights use. So basically, I don't know how to mute it without muting everything else. It's REALLY frustrating.

Can anyone help me with this? I've searched here and on Google, but only found unfulfilled requests.

where do you hear buzzing sounds? Like the "Atomic Wrangler" sign or something? I'll make an .esp in which i delete those sounds then. Interestingly, i can't hear most sounds in the geck, most likely because they're so short.

It wouldn't be that simple. This sound is heard by about 70% of lights in the game for me, and that is ANNOYING. What I'm trying to do is figure out which sound file it is so I can replace it with a silent sound file.

I'm currently trying to locate it via GECK, but it may or may not work.

EDIT: Tried my luck at replacing the sound files I located, but it didn't work. If you're looking in GECK, search for "emtneon" (without the quotes). Those seem to be the sound files, but simply replacing the wav files with blanks didn't work for me. Either one of my mods prevents that from working, or something else is needed for this to work.

Edited by darkdill

i deleted all the "neonsign" and "...buzz.wav" i could find in the Geck, made an .esp. I can't hear any buzzing sound with the Lamps, then again, i didn't really register them. Sounds that really are annoying me would be the vault door opening and closing and the freeside door. Very loud.

Having E-DE with you must be horrifying :P

Made the mod, had to upload it to nexus because the forum wont take "big" file attachments. Will delete it when you downloaded it.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48654/

i deleted all the "neonsign" and "...buzz.wav" i could find in the Geck, made an .esp. I can't hear any buzzing sound with the Lamps, then again, i didn't really register them. Sounds that really are annoying me would be the vault door opening and closing and the freeside door. Very loud.

Having E-DE with you must be horrifying :P

Made the mod, had to upload it to nexus because the forum wont take "big" file attachments. Will delete it when you downloaded it.

http://newvegas.nexu...com/mods/48654/

Umm, your mod doesn't have any files in it...

As for ED-E, I managed to mute his sounds to my liking. But for some reason, the same method I used for him doesn't work for those static sounds...

Edited by darkdill