Messed up Dialogue? PLEASE HELP!

DrPepper715

Hello everyone,

In the GECK i was hoping to make a custom npc with his own dialogue. so i started a new topic and made the dialogue (what he says) and I saved and exited the GECK.

I then booted Fallout 3 up and my dialogue was fine (with my NPC) but I later found out I had a problem. When I talked to a NPC he said what my NPC was supposed to say, which was, "Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you." and the GOODBYE is, "Alrighty then, bye. ". so I went in the GECK and tried to fix this problem, I noticed that i forgot to copy and paste the conditions and when i tried fixing this it said that the Generic GOODBYE and GREETING audio file were replaced with, "Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you.".

Now when Random people run up to me to say something say "Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you.". For example : (If you have good karma) The Megaton Settler who runs up to you to say How your the savior or whatever and than gives you a Stimpak. She does not do that anymore! She runs up and says "Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you." and the only way to dismiss her from the dialougue is by pressing "Bye" (the thing that replaced I have to go now) :confused:

Same with NPC's that initiate dialougue with the player. Like the person who is the guard at the Temple Of The Union. when she is supposed to say what do you want. Instead its replaced with Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you. S**T :sad:

Same with The guy from Arefu. After the Mine explodes he says, "Hello my name is Frank. Nice to meet you." and I cant dismiss dialogue with him sometimes.

I cant get anywhere in quests that require dialogue. I NEED help!

The Esp. is also a VERY large mod with custom exports and models, maps, etc. So i dont think i want to remove it because it took LOTS of time and work.

So after a while I went back into the GECK and tried to Replace the generic dialogue and it says its missing the Sound file for the greeting topic(s). I also lost the sound file it would be great if thing went back to the way it used to be.

I havent tried uninstaling the mod to see if it is just the Esp. yet. I did uninstall the game via Steam and It still had the saves. :ohmy:

Can I use Fo3 Edit? Do something in the GECK? Download a fix? HELP! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

OK EVERYONE.

I have found A fix.

I am going to keep this post up and open because I want people who messed up thier dialogue to see this but my fix was...

Going in FO3 edit and just deleting all dialogue topics in my mod. :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...