Accidents happen

TheKussh

Hi guys,

If you have played enough Skyrim you probably had the chance to experience the following event at least once::

You derping around Skyrim, when suddenly you hear a battle and you decide to step in, you are the Dragonborn and the savior of all that are in the same side as you. Finally you arrive in the heat of the battle, and star to fight alongside of your allies, slash after slash, block after block, you and the one you are helping start to beat the op-force, when all of a sudden, you hit a guy you were helping, watch it!!! he yells and everyone starts to attack you. The HELL!!! So Why in The World would I ever help anyone if the pay me like THis..... Ok Alduin lest team up!!!! Dragonborn

So, I remember seeing a mod that turned of all friendly damage but that was a long time ago, I couldn't find it in these days neither the other people that was discussing this with me. So what I am trying to suggest here is that someone should make a mod based on the damage parameters of the Mount and Blade franchise, in that game due to the massive battle and the ability to create chaos and make all participants to congregate at one spot of the battlefield, the programers made all melee friendly damage something not to worry about and all the range attacks kept their properties, so you wouldn't hurt your allies in the middle of the fight with any melee weapon, and I thing one person has to be a total wreak if he hits an ally with a bow (seriously whats the point of aiming then?)

I could guess you are using "Warzones"?

As those are one of the rare enemies that don't accept yield, I guess it's like that because it wouldn't feel like war if you can cancel your rampage by just sheathing weapon.

Also, lol'd at the topic name. Reminded me of certain quest in Oblivion.

Good guess, I actually was thinking about using that mod but my computer can hardly handle ENB so I can't use WarZones

There should be an optional targeting system that can make you ignore allies.

For example, you look at an enemy, it locks onto him/her/it(melee only), and allies(not unlocked-onto enemies) don't take damage if they get in the way, and if you look at another enemy it locks onto that enemy.

If that's not possible, maybe a VATS type mod?