BoS Busywork

raguleader

So, something that occurs to me is that the guys in the Brotherhood of Steel spend entirely too much time just standing around doing nothing all day. It occurs to me that, in the interest of maintaining discipline, there'd be lots of busywork going on, ie: sweeping the floors and what not. How hard would it be to mod it so that the lower ranking BoS soldiers who aren't actively patrolling around will pull out a broom and start sweeping like Moira does (on a related note, where in the world does she keep that broom?)

If it's not possible to keep ALL of the soldiers from idly sweeping when there is nothing to do (heh), maybe a mod to add in a new set of NPC BoS guys who idly sweep while not working? Being in training in the Air Force, I see my fair share of just this kind of busywork, and it would amuse me greatly to see the Brotherhood doing it in the game.

So, something that occurs to me is that the guys in the Brotherhood of Steel spend entirely too much time just standing around doing nothing all day. It occurs to me that, in the interest of maintaining discipline, there'd be lots of busywork going on, ie: sweeping the floors and what not. How hard would it be to mod it so that the lower ranking BoS soldiers who aren't actively patrolling around will pull out a broom and start sweeping like Moira does (on a related note, where in the world does she keep that broom?)

If it's not possible to keep ALL of the soldiers from idly sweeping when there is nothing to do (heh), maybe a mod to add in a new set of NPC BoS guys who idly sweep while not working? Being in training in the Air Force, I see my fair share of just this kind of busywork, and it would amuse me greatly to see the Brotherhood doing it in the game.

SECONDED! I still remember all the busywork my platoon and I were made to do when not either in a class-room, exercise or eating at the cafeteria. Folding uniforms, arranging weapons and ammo, cleaning, weeding.

We already know that our robo-butlers will clean away items that are out of place or knocked down from tables while you're away, maybe the same can be done by initiates in the courtyard, but while you're actually there to see it.

telling you where she keeps the broom would be against the forum rules i guess...

but it should be easy to mod in, one would just need to add the floorsweeping ai package to the bos recruits

but to be hinest the military should really start to think of inventing new entertainment measures to keep the soldiers from rioting, looting and plundering... gun training for example...

floor sweeping with a toothbrush just creates sociopaths...

telling you where she keeps the broom would be against the forum rules i guess...

but it should be easy to mod in, one would just need to add the floorsweeping ai package to the bos recruits

but to be hinest the military should really start to think of inventing new entertainment measures to keep the soldiers from rioting, looting and plundering... gun training for example...

floor sweeping with a toothbrush just creates sociopaths...

Well, I don't think it's supposed to be entertaining, I think it's supposed to be boring and character-building. :thumbsup:

Archived