Best time and day to post your mod?

Zuhon

I'm reaching the final stages of my mod, and I'm almost ready to publish. But I'm at one dead-end. When do I actually do it? All my previous mods were published at horrid times like 2:00 in the morning, which is probably why nobody even knows they exist. I tried googling this, but all I can find is thousands of articles called "Best time to publish your blog!". Blogs are something people can read at work. But for something like the Nexus, I'm sure the times are completely different.

I was thinking Saturday at around 11:00AM, but apparently from the research I've done, that's really bad. Do you have personal experience of when to post? Any guesstimates? Thanks! :thumbsup:

There isn't a best time to post your mod. I can assure you there are people who look at every single mod posted on the Nexus regardless of the time in which it was posted. The only way to guarantee your mod is seen is to make it useful, bug free and/or interesting. Creating a good description, posting images and being proactive in answering questions regarding the mod also help but they can take you only so far. After that it's up to the mod itself to gather more attention :thumbsup:

I am one of those who looks at the list of all of the new mods every day. Then check any that look either interesting or suspicious.

Give your mod a descriptive name. That allows those looking for something like it to find it quickly. Then give a good description - by good, I don't mean long. And fancy formatting is not necessary. The short description is a quickie attention getter - tell me what the mod does at the beginning. Then any other info I need. Don't give a long rambling commentary on why you made the mod at the beginning, that can come after the what is it part. :thumbsup:

The suspicious ones get a longer look, and if they violate our rules, tend to vanish. :whistling:

I would guess that these days are atypical anyway since many people will be home for the holidays next week rather than spending their daytime at work or school. So any usual "best practices" may not hold.

The only advice I can give is that, as suggested by Oubliette's comment, it's best to release it at a time when you can quickly answer questions or resolve issues people may have. Don't release the mod and then go to bed, or off to work, or whatever. A lot of users know to check the comments of a recently-released mod to see if others are having difficulty and/or the author knows what they are talking about, before downloading the mod themselves.

Also, on a global internetwork, your timezone is not necessarily my timezone. In fact, I'm sure it isn't :thumbsup:

From what I've seen, it appears that most of the skyrim community is from either California or somewhere in England. Posting it around Christmas probably isn't a good idea though, because as stated, people will be spending time with their families. Maybe a week after Christmas?

Mods posted in the summer are not downloaded as much as mods posted in the winter. I know this from experience lol. People tend to use their gaming computers most on the weekends after running all their errands, keeping up with kids if any, dealing with real life crap and if they have a good job they spend time on the gaming pc but no full time job or spotty job, no games for them bad economy effects everything.