GECK wont let me set a Master file to active?

DrPepper715

Hello,

So I used FO3 edit and did the whole FO3 master update thing to prevent crashing in my game from a mod I made, however I cannot edit the eps anymore in the GECK. How do I revert a Master file back into a Plugin?

Am I making sense?

Thanks

DrPepper715 - Hello!

"FO3 master update thing to prevent crashing in my game from a mod I made, however I cannot edit the eps anymore in the GECK. How do I revert a Master file back into a Plugin? "

Yes, GECK will only allow you to edit .esp's.

You can either use FO3Edit to reverse the changes to all the plugins in a similar fashion to how you master updated.

Just rename FO3Edit.exe to:

FO3MasterRestore

So you end up with a FO3MasterRestore.exe.

Run it & it will change back any file that it previously changed in your load order & is currently ticked.

You can also use FO3Edit normally & find the individual mod you want to change back to an .esp, expand it's details by clicking on the +, left click on "File Header", in the details that come up on the right click on "ESM" opposite "Record Flags" & select "Edit".

In the box that pops up, untick ESM.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

DrPepper715 - Hello!

"FO3 master update thing to prevent crashing in my game from a mod I made, however I cannot edit the eps anymore in the GECK. How do I revert a Master file back into a Plugin? "

Yes, GECK will only allow you to edit .esp's.

You can either use FO3Edit to reverse the changes to all the plugins in a similar fashion to how you master updated.

Just rename FO3Edit.exe to:

FO3MasterRestore

So you end up with a FO3MasterRestore.exe.

Run it & it will change back any file that it previously changed in your load order & is currently ticked.

You can also use FO3Edit normally & find the individual mod you want to change back to an .esp, expand it's details by clicking on the +, left click on "File Header", in the details that come up on the right click on "ESM" opposite "Record Flags" & select "Edit".

In the box that pops up, untick ESM.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Thank you so very much Prensa! :thumbsup: to you man! and Kudos!

Thanks!