time machien

krioslord444

a long time ago,i thougth of a mod that i originaly thougth will be in oblivion but when fallout 3 came out i needed to post it here. the idea is simple. as you load the mod and start the game you are told of a pre war time machien located in a vault not far from vault 101. as you enter what i would call vault 206-chronom center you will find the chronom(the time machien) is still active.you then will be able to use it to travel back in time to almost every age in human and none human history(even the pre war era).you can travel to the jurrasic era,middle ages,feudal japan,acient greece,the dawn of mankind hell even to acient rome!!!!! its up to the modder of this mod to make his choices.you activate it buy acsesing the terminal with the operator's key(which youll find in the locker in the same room) you will then choose which era you want to travel(pre war,1970 ect.) you then choose the date or time you want to travel to and then set the device to use the options. then a bright glow will come from the time machien and you can travel through a portal and explore a full reacting,full active worlds.every time you want to come back to the post nucleor time you will use your time watch(agian,in the locker) to return back. now of cource,when i say the world is fully recatning and alive,it will also react if you do somthing that is not time apropriyet(bad english,sorry). if you suddenly deside to use a laser pistol in salem(you know the place with the "witches")you will be acused of being a witch(which they will mention) and will try to kill you,if you will use any other futuristic devices in the middle ages you will be acussed of blasphemy and so one.anything else you want to add to this idea will be welcome in open arms.

Krioslord444 relax man the point I was trying to make was as follows "While I don't think your idea is bad in anyway and sounds even entertaining, We the Community just don't have the tools to do anything like this yet. so you may wanna save this Request until G.E.C.K. is released (The CS announced to be released this month by Beth) where more modders might remember//be willing to consider it."

A plugin like this would require a massive amount of resources and time. You would need a team comprised of the following positions:

Writers

Scripters

Modellers/texture artists

Concept artists

World developers

Play testers

PR staff

Not to mention all the new sounds that would be required. All new NPCs, in a futurist city, the amount alone would be incredible. You would have to rebuild the world from scratch.

While I am not saying it will never happen, but a project of this magnitude would take a couple of years at least. Consider that a game world takes about 1.5 to 3 years to be created by a team of people who are being paid to work solely on that project. A team for this mod would only be working in what spare time they had.

Or you could make a multi cell based on the previous fallout universe, like an event or the destruction of the final boss, etc...

Maybe instead of a fully working time machine, it would be about the special race of humans that is dedicated to write down history and creating a simulation program with it. Say in Fallout 3, you happen to find it in a ridiculously hard to find place and is able to re-enact the past.

Archived