A reaction to your appearance mod

scannerfish

Alright, you guys remember how in the previous fallout's, people would say stuff depending upon what you were wearing? It would be awesome if that somehow to returned, but with even more. Like, if you are in power armor, people will be a little bit more intimidated by you, and it will possibly be easier to win speech challenges, just because the person you're talking to is scared to death of what could happen to them if they lie. But, besides that, enemies will be more likely to back off from you (basically, some raiders, after seeing one friend die would run like hell from you). Of course, there would be a return of such famous lines from children (if you're a "good" character) such as, "can I try it on?" or, "how do you pee in it?"

that would be pretty sweet. all for immersiveness.

i also thought it'd be nice that the more radiation you have the more ghoulish you look and in fact you could have a different death scene from poisoning where you would be turned into a feral ghoul and lose your mind, or something like that.

I think you should be able to become a ghoul but not progressively as you gather radiation because that is not how ghoulification works. If your radiation gets maxed out you should become a ghoul and gradually after that get uglier. After you become a ghoul people should treat you like one unless you are wearing armor that covers your whole body, then they would treat you normally since they can't tell you are a ghoul if they can't see you.

Archived