Lichdom

kromey

I think it's great that liches can't become vampires, or the other way around.

After all, lich is immune to diseases.

Secondly, it's against maybe every lore related to liches.

Thirdly, DAT game breaking non-balance.

> over 100% vulnerability to fire

> 85% frost resistance (capped)

> No regens. Ever.

> Sun damage. Ouch.

I'd just recommend people use COMMON SENSE with things like that :biggrin:

So they don't start asking for compatibility.

Or balance.

.. Or try to use console/ mods to become vampires when being lich.

*Drool*

Just re-read the OP.

"Maces and warhammers do 40% more damage -- your bones are easily crushed by these weapons."

You were able to implement that? :dance:

"+50 to Conjuration and Destruction skills -- your new form definitely leans toward a certain persuasion..."

Just thought, but is that a bit high, considering that you get boosted magicka and magicka regen?

Might just be my personal matter of taste.

Maybe make something similar to "Illusion spells are 20% more effective"?

> destruction spells are 10% more effective? Conjurations last 20% longer? BUT, these spells cost more magicka?

I tend to use "Give and take" approach with my things. (Usually at give 2 take 1,5 rate :biggrin:, so you get varied bonuses, but also some debuffs to balance the buff)

Anyway! Looking forward any progress.

Been kinda busy with school stuff lately so I haven't been able to contribute much.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a great mod! I hope this project will continue until finished, unlike the true lichdom project!

I love the demilich idea- but I do have to say that most people will probarebly want to be a lich because it looks cool, but you only get to look cool once you are dead. Wouldn't it be nice to have some simple appearance changes to look more skeletal? i think it shouldn't be an issue to change the face to a skull- you should still be able to wear hoods and circlets. Later on you might add a whole new model to the lich, but that is miles ahead yet- make sure it gets realeased first (that was the main problem of true lichdom: the author made new features constanly, without finishing anything!)

I hope all goes well!

Edited by oblivionhot

couldn't you add a perk with a 'mod incoming damage/Mod Incoming Spell Magnitude', with, a 'GetRandomPercent' condition on?

:wallbash:

This is why I love these forums, people have all these great ideas and know all these awesome things about the CK that I never would have even guessed! :thumbsup:

Still not sure I like the idea of blunt weapons only having a chance to do extra damage, but I'll consider it, especially if it really is this easy to give it a chance...

I love the demilich idea- but I do have to say that most people will probarebly want to be a lich because it looks cool, but you only get to look cool once you are dead. Wouldn't it be nice to have some simple appearance changes to look more skeletal? i think it shouldn't be an issue to change the face to a skull- you should still be able to wear hoods and circlets.

I respectfully disagree -- I think a lot of people will download it for the bonuses you get as a lich, as well as the unique ability to, y'know, not die, and the flavor given to your game by the lich's weaknesses.

That said, I do think some unique appearance changes would be great. Lore-wise it becomes a challenge to then explain why you can walk about town without being attacked on sight, though, to say nothing of the technical challenges inherent in preserving your racial abilities/powers while changing your physical form (i.e. changing your race) -- vampirism does it by having a separate vampire race for each and every race! And that's without even considering that I quite simply lack the talents and skills to produce cool-looking visual things...

It would be nice to have, but in any case it won't be a part of the initial release -- I'll give you something that works and is fun and then consider my options for giving you something that looks cooler.

Mm..

I think the "Chance to do increased damage" is actually quite nice.

Could you increase the amount of increased damage with that? Like, to make it REALLY feel like your bones BREAK when enemy scores such a "critical hit"?

It would also add some ol' RPG feel to it. :biggrin:

Also, I completely agree with the "No-visual look" approach.

Also, it sort-of makes sense that you don't immediately start to look like you're decades old. You just turn into lich! ;D

Only visual difference would be similar "dry" look as vampires have. (thin face, pale skin)

But I don't think it's worth it to make something like that. Just seriously complicated.

I love vampirism. Not necessarily because of facial reconstruction I receive, but because of the abilities, powers and effects. AND the fact that I feel somewhat like undead!

Sadly most of the "undead" feel was scrapped off by Dawnguard.. :biggrin:

But to be honest, many of the chances made vampirism feel more like vampire than OP powerhouse who's afraid of matches and torches.

This thread is starting me to inspire to make some more "Lich-like" gear for my "Magical Equipment" pack.. :biggrin:

Skull staves.. Sacrificial knives.. :thumbsup:

Could you increase the amount of increased damage with that? Like, to make it REALLY feel like your bones BREAK when enemy scores such a "critical hit"?

Hm... I'm not seeing anything right off the bat that looks like "on enemy critical hitting you" or "mod incoming critical damage", but then again I didn't see the GetRandomPercent conditional function until it was pointed out to me. :rolleyes: However I think (but would have to do a lot more testing to confirm) that the critical damage multiplier gets applied before it becomes "incoming damage" to be modified by the perk, so the 40% vulnerability would include the critical damage as well. :devil:

Hm... I'm not seeing anything right off the bat that looks like "on enemy critical hitting you" or "mod incoming critical damage", but then again I didn't see the GetRandomPercent conditional function until it was pointed out to me. :rolleyes: However I think (but would have to do a lot more testing to confirm) that the critical damage multiplier gets applied before it becomes "incoming damage" to be modified by the perk, so the 40% vulnerability would include the critical damage as well. :devil:

I didn't mean actual critical hit.

But like, random chance to deal huge damage. :biggrin: (Just what you are doing already. )

I just half-accidentally called it Critical Hit :thumbsup:

Really nice that it's possible to do that without extra scripts.

Thirdly, DAT game breaking non-balance.

> over 100% vulnerability to fire

> 85% frost resistance (capped)

> No regens. Ever.

> Sun damage. Ouch.

Yikes, dunno how I overlooked this post!

The imbalance I was referring to was actually the lich-werewolf imbalance -- massive magic-dealing powers plus massive melee powers!!

*Drool*

Just re-read the OP.

"Maces and warhammers do 40% more damage -- your bones are easily crushed by these weapons."

You were able to implement that? :dance:

Yeah, that turned out to be really easy -- a perk entry point to "mod incoming damage" by a multiple of 1.4, with conditions on "attacker weapon" to be war axe OR battleaxe OR mace OR warhammer (although I'ma remove the axes, for aforementioned "make it more specialer!" reasons). Modeled it after the one-handed "do extra damage with war axes" perk, whatever that's called.

"+50 to Conjuration and Destruction skills -- your new form definitely leans toward a certain persuasion..."

Just thought, but is that a bit high, considering that you get boosted magicka and magicka regen?

Might just be my personal matter of taste.

To be honest, I have no idea -- most buffs to magic are in the form of boosts to magnitude, or to duration, or to magicka cost. This instead is a boost to the skill itself. Which, now that I think about it, has no effect except on the cost, right? Now it seems really silly...

Maybe make something similar to "Illusion spells are 20% more effective"?

> destruction spells are 10% more effective? Conjurations last 20% longer? BUT, these spells cost more magicka?

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to revisit those buffs, now that I've thought more about them. So, yeah, will probably get something to that effect, or I might just buff Destruction spells' magnitude and then do whatever I decide to do to buff undead resurrections.

I didn't mean actual critical hit.

But like, random chance to deal huge damage. :biggrin: (Just what you are doing already. )

I just half-accidentally called it Critical Hit :thumbsup:

Really nice that it's possible to do that without extra scripts.

Oh! Yeah, I could certainly do that. So something like they do an extra 40% damage, but 5% of the time they "critical hit" and do an extra 80% instead? Oh yeah, I could certainly do that...

Hope this post makes sense, I'm a tad drunk at the moment...

Edited by kromey

A lich would not be able to become a vampire, however, as that does require contracting an actual disease (Sanguinare Vampiris), which as a lich you are immune to. I'll have to make a note to myself to ensure that the Ritual of Becoming (the final transformation into a lich) won't let already-undead characters (i.e. vampires) become liches.

There is a way you can become a lich and vampire or should say vampire lord. The dawnguard vampire lord is given to you in the exact same fashion as the companions it is not contracted.