Lichdom

kromey

Well, actually i believe there are mods that allow skeletons to wear armor, so i think making a skeletal lich, that could wear clothes and armor isn't impossible.

From a mod called "Summon Skeleton Champion"

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/9208-1-1330155642.jpg

Edited by skulleris

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually i believe there are mods that allow skeletons to wear armor, so i think making a skeletal lich, that could wear clothes and armor isn't impossible.

From a mod called "Summon Skeleton Champion"

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/9208-1-1330155642.jpg

If its possible for skeleton lich's to were armor and robes....that would be stupendous, awesome, Imagine....a skeletal ancient lich floating around in arch-mages robes with the Jagged Crown....AWESOMENESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe even 2 files, one is the draugr like lich, the other skeletal! either one would be perfect and dreamlike! :)

anyways, night all :)

Edited by sweetsnowboarding

Then don't download my mod.

Look, I don't mean to be a jerk, but the simple fact is that what you're demanding is not merely a helluva lot of real hard work (which I have to squeeze out of a full work schedule and still maintain some semblance of a social life, not to mention preserving my marriage by spending time with my wife, and for which I don't get paid), but it's frankly beyond my abilities to create a custom lich model. Not to mention that I'd have to create a separate lich race to match each of the vanilla races (although many could share the same models, that's still at least 3-4 distinct models), which then makes the mod largely incompatible with custom race mods without considerable extra effort to patch in support for them.

There's also the game play aspects to consider: Sure, it may sound neat to sit here and talk about casting an Illusion spell so your lich can walk into town and sell all his lootz to Belethor, but in practice I'd expect it to get rather tedious to have to periodically re-cast the spell, or forget until a second too late and have the entire town suddenly descending upon you.

It's not inconceivable that your form's magic could be preserving your corpse, or simply maintaining a constant illusion so that you don't look any different. It's also consistent with lore -- take a look at what Mannimarco, the King of Worms, looked like at 1,130 years old in Oblivion, for example.

ahh sorry for the outbreak, but I just don't understand how you can be a "lich" without looking like a "lich". You wouldn't have to make any more than 1, I mean I doubt anyone would care if their argonian lich had the skeleton of a human.....Oh and about the Mannimarco bit, the only reason they did that is they were lazy, UESP considers it a bug. You every played Daggerfall? look at him in there :) I'm not trying to be a retard but I just don't understand the point of becoming a lich for just a bunch of abilities and buffs, I mean the look of being a lich is what got me searching for these types of mod in the first place. Removing that completely would be.....kind of, I don't know...removing the point? Could you maybe do an optional file that includes this? I see Skullerris is sharing the same viewpoint here to, also, your point about about it being tedious to recast is relevant I think a better idea would be make it a toggle. I'm not hating, but could you atleast consider making an optional file? I mean looking like a lich is really kinda the whole point.....thats like removing beast forms look and just giving humans a speed and attack increase....... otherwise I think this mod is near-perfect, your doing a great job. :thumbsup:

The point of being a lich is highly subjective, you may do it for the looks, others for the gameplay aspects and still others (myself) do it for roleplay aspects. Would it be nice to have some sort of change for when you become a lich? Absolutely. But it's simply not feasible right now and it is not part of Kromey's skill set. If you would like to make custom models and textures for a lich go ahead and submit them, just make sure they're roughly the same size as the human characters so that they can equip weapons and armor properly so that it doesn't screw up all the equipments. The reason Kromey isn't implementing this, at least not initially, is because he does not have the expertise in that area and that is no fault of his. Very few modders can do quest design, story writing, scripting, modeling and texturing (in other words everything) and do them all well. If you only want the visual aspect then go grab one of the "playable skeleton" or "playable draugr" or "playable dragon priest" mods or another custom race that looks like that, and if you want the abilities just go straight through the lich process when it comes out. In the future I'm sure Kromey will be open to the possibility of changing the appearance of liches if someone is willing and able to do the artwork aspect of it. I do agree with you on the toggleable spell aspect, I'm playing through Lichcraft2 on Morrowind right now (shameless plug: MGSO looks better than Skyrim for a game that blows Skyrim out of the water droooooooolz) and you gain a spell to disguise your nature, you maintain this but your magicka slowly drains down and when it runs out so does your disguise and everyone goes nuts. So that aspect is a good idea but just not one that can be done at this time.

On Mannimarco: He ascended to godhood not out of his own power but with the help of the Mantella (the power source for Numidium, crafted from Zurin Arctus's heart and soul, therefore his strange phylactery) Akatosh didn't approve of this so he took that away. The uesp doesn't say much about this on the main Mannimarco page here but the imperial library offers a little more on him here. Between the two of them you get a pretty solid picture, if you need or want more information I suggest sifting through this gem of a subreddit for any TES lore questions you may have. Those are my three primary sources (the subreddit can be particularly useful for the more abstract topics with less lore on them as a large number of fans use logic and the existing lore to come to a consensus). Decidedly though, Mannimarco is dead. Traven's soul not only protected the Champion of Cyrodiil but also weakened Mannimarco enough for him to be destroyed. According to the official timeline, Mannimarco died in 3E 433, and that's consistent on all three sites so I think it's pretty safe to say that he is dead and gone.

If its possible for skeleton lich's to were armor and robes....that would be stupendous, awesome, Imagine....a skeletal ancient lich floating around in arch-mages robes with the Jagged Crown....AWESOMENESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe even 2 files, one is the draugr like lich, the other skeletal! either one would be perfect and dreamlike! :)

anyways, night all :)

I would rather make a custom lich texture the skeleton is to bland and another reason is I have been speaking with modders who make skeletal race mods and they say it is very hard to make a skeleton wear armor, mainly mod armor and what if people don't like the mage look.

Also if you were reading the chats although I can't be bothered going back through them the op said you will look the same for the initial release so I'm assuming alpha, beta and first release of the main mod.

Finally op what are your thoughts on my armor set idea.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read the first part about the mage robes right sorry but my point still stands about everything else.

Edited by KILLERZombie135

Finally op what are your thoughts on my armor set idea.

Any changes to the lich's form are not slated for the initial release, which means I'm also not thinking about ways to hide said form.

That said, I like the toggle-able illusion that slowly drains your Magicka while it's up. The armor idea makes sense for full-face armors, less so for the less-covering armors; still, that's certainly not a reason to discount it, and I do like it, too.

Again, though, I'm not thinking about this right now, this is way beyond my capabilities to even so much as re-texture the vanilla models, to say nothing of the fact that for me, the point of being a lich is the power and the RP potential, so that's the parts I'm working on first. And making solid before I even think about other parts.

Now, that being said, it looks as if I may have to go about creating a new race for each vanilla race anyway -- if I can't add a keyword via a script, I have to create new races with the necessary keyword already on it, or else find a completely different way of incorporating, well, everything related to being undead (silver weapon damage, Necromage integration, potential Frostfall compatibility...).

Thanks for the impute on the armor idea much obliged.

On the note of the lich form I have a friend who is quite good at texturing and I myself have some skill in mesh forming we might be a able make a few models for you but don't expect a stroke of artistic genius I'm only starting out at this game but my friend has been itching to make some textures, maybe not 2k but something you might like.

Edited by KILLERZombie135

Would love to see such a mod successful.

What I would love is if this can add lich perk tree without touching any perk trees. Hopefully something like the werewolf/vampire perk trees.

I know that's hard if not impossible to implement at the moment...

Maybe you have something completely different already planned but what you think of a perk tree with the top perk being the "full" lich state granting you the free ticket back. Upon death you will loose the perks (I know nothing simmilar happening on other perk trees) Repairing the phylactery would consist in adding back the perks up to the final one. If (something looking like) a perk tree (a flash interface in the end) could be opened when activating the phylactery it would be great.

Another cool mod with armored skeletons: Armored Skeletons and The Walking Dead

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/26706-1-1353518922.png

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/26706-2-1352571668.png

These look great : ) ^

ROLE-PLAY < that is the ONLY reason I would download this mod.....its not like I really want the buffs or boosts..I'm a lvl 81 mage with 900 magicka....so ya.

but this is just my point! you cannot "roleplay" a lich...without looking somewhat like one....I understand this is above and beyond what you can do, and I'm not arguing that.

But if someone could do it, would you not add it in? I mean the quest and search sounds great, phylactery, great. I just really think if someone is willing to volunteer with doing this, you should consider adding it.

Edited by sweetsnowboarding