Lichdom

kromey

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think you should add Demi/Arch Lich as a final ascension form of Lichdom.

Version 1.0 will have liches and nether liches (the latter being the weakened form of the former, needing to repair their damaged phylacteries).

Version 2.0 (or thereabouts) will add ancient liches, the next "evolution" if you will of liches. This ain't even in the planning stages yet -- still brainstorming on this one. My efforts for now are primarily on getting version 1.0 done and released, after which will be versions 1.1, 1.2, etc. adding new followers, new locations, lich NPCs, etc.

And a side note: I think D&D has forever corrupted the meaning of the word "demilich". "Demi" is a prefix that means "half" (or, in many cases, simply "less"): a demigod isn't a more powerful deity, it's a less powerful one; a demitasse isn't a big coffee cup, it's a small one! So why is the more powerful form of lich called a "demilich"? Because, physically, it is less than it used to be -- e.g. just a skull with a pair of glowing eyes -- despite having given up that physical form because its power has grown to such a point that it doesn't need it! Nonetheless, this has associated "demi" with "more powerful", despite its meaning being better described as exactly the opposite. It's probably the one thing I fault Gygax for.

I really think you should add Demi/Arch Lich as a final ascension form of Lichdom.

Version 1.0 will have liches and nether liches (the latter being the weakened form of the former, needing to repair their damaged phylacteries).

Version 2.0 (or thereabouts) will add ancient liches, the next "evolution" if you will of liches. This ain't even in the planning stages yet -- still brainstorming on this one. My efforts for now are primarily on getting version 1.0 done and released, after which will be versions 1.1, 1.2, etc. adding new followers, new locations, lich NPCs, etc.

And a side note: I think D&D has forever corrupted the meaning of the word "demilich". "Demi" is a prefix that means "half" (or, in many cases, simply "less"): a demigod isn't a more powerful deity, it's a less powerful one; a demitasse isn't a big coffee cup, it's a small one! So why is the more powerful form of lich called a "demilich"? Because, physically, it is less than it used to be -- e.g. just a skull with a pair of glowing eyes -- despite having given up that physical form because its power has grown to such a point that it doesn't need it! Nonetheless, this has associated "demi" with "more powerful", despite its meaning being better described as exactly the opposite. It's probably the one thing I fault Gygax for.

that always screwed me up to, I really like uesp's way of explaining the nether lich, thats how I see it