Help to change images of weapons/armors in Pip boy!

Iwangor

This mornig I create this image...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9898/tsuguriprovahk0.jpg

but I know that is a simple jpg... and that the image had to change color if I change options of Pipboy... so what type of file is this? How I can extract a file to modify? with a plugin is possible modify and save this type of file with photoshop?

The idea is to replace the new weapons and similar things in Pipboy. Don't Think this is cool see a new sword and in pipboy's image the same shikebab image...

this image is a sort of interpretation of Tsuguri sword... a sword that we can find in nexus archives... sorry for this image is random and the idea is cracy... however if someone give me a possibility to create this icons maybe we can update some cool mod withs new images for pipboy

comments, ideas and help pls and sorry for my trash english :P

This mornig I create this image...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9898/tsuguriprovahk0.jpg

but I know that is a simple jpg... and that the image had to change color if I change options of Pipboy... so what type of file is this? How I can extract a file to modify? with a plugin is possible modify and save this type of file with photoshop?

The idea is to replace the new weapons and similar things in Pipboy. Don't Think this is cool see a new sword and in pipboy's image the same shikebab image...

this image is a sort of interpretation of Tsuguri sword... a sword that we can find in nexus archives... sorry for this image is random and the idea is cracy... however if someone give me a possibility to create this icons maybe we can update some cool mod withs new images for pipboy

comments, ideas and help pls and sorry for my trash english :P

Actually it's pretty easy to change the icon for weapons and armor. All you need to do is use FOMM or FO3Edit and change the item's ICON and MICO URLs to match your texture file.

Basically, the URLs in the ICON and MICO properties are like so: Interface\Icons\PipboyImages\Weapons\weapons_shiskebab.dds

Change the path to point to your texture like this: CoolSword\Icons\CoolSword.dds

Save the .ESP file and load it up when you start Fallout 3. Viola, your new icon is in the game.

Oki is simple to change the texture... but I need to understand how find the original images from Fallout 3...

For example... I need to modify the baseball bat texture to make the new cool weapon texture...

I found a plugin that load and save files in dds... so I think is simple modify the file and add the new particulars but I need the original file to make the Tsuguri sword skin for Pipboy... the same is for laser sword, for example... I can modify the chinese sword image... but I always need the original dds...

How can I take this file?

Thanks for any answer and Thanks for the info to add the new texture :)

P.S. If I can really modify this files... maybe I can collaborate to add these new images for pipboy if someone need for a lot of mods ^_^

k I found a program to extract these files... but for example... I use the nippy clothes... ehy the file nippy appears to me only white... no images inside... but is always a file dds... and instead... the file nippy_glow appears this image? http://www.coldchaos.com/images/nippy.png the same with the image of baseball bat... the small version have the image... the normal version I can see only white instead... why? pls answer and thanks always :)

k I found a program to extract these files... but for example... I use the nippy clothes... ehy the file nippy appears to me only white... no images inside... but is always a file dds... and instead... the file nippy_glow appears this image? http://www.coldchaos.com/images/nippy.png the same with the image of baseball bat... the small version have the image... the normal version I can see only white instead... why? pls answer and thanks always :)

Ah I see the problem. The image itself is pure white, yes, but you need to look at the alpha layer. That's the actual image you see in your PipBoy.

Also, if you make an all-white alpha layer, then you can use the regular image layer to design something but it may not look right inside the PipBoy due to all the texture overlays and shaders that the designers used.

ah... and if I want to reproduce the alpha layer how I have to do with photoshop or another specific program?

Make the New image for pipboy is easy... but If I can't create this image that I see as all white but in alpha is another image is a problem... :\

• 1 year later...